Mesh gradients: Polyfill available

Maren Hachmann
Hi everyone,

Tav has published his polyfill for mesh gradients!

(A polyfill is a piece of javascript code that supplies functions to
browsers that they are lacking. They are usually used, if a web
designer/developer wants to use some cool new feature, that doesn't work
in some browsers, or doesn't work in older browser versions.)

You can find his article (and the code for download, it's licenced GPLv3
or later) at:
http://tavmjong.free.fr/SVG/POLYFILL/MESH/mesh.html

Re: Mesh gradients: Polyfill available

Victor Westmann

e usually used, if a web
designer/developer wants to use some cool new feature, that doesn't work
in some browsers, or doesn't work in older browser versions.)

You can find his article (and the code for download, it's li

~Woooa! It looks beautiful. ;-)

--Victor Westmann

Re: Mesh gradients: Polyfill available

Oh, good job, Tav!  And thanks for letting us know, Maren :-)

I can TRY to set up on my site, probably late next week or next weekend.  (I
already posted an image with some gr. meshes, and working on more.  It will be
nice if I can make it work.)

Re: Mesh gradients: Polyfill available

Sebastian Zartner
Amazing work, Tav! I really hope this pushes browser implementations!

Sebastian

On 15 January 2017 at 01:26, brynn <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Oh, good job, Tav!  And thanks for letting us know, Maren :-)
>
> I can TRY to set up on my site, probably late next week or next weekend.  (I
> already posted an image with some gr. meshes, and working on more.  It will be
> nice if I can make it work.)
>
> Thanks,
> brynn

Martin Owens-2
On Sun, 2017-01-15 at 12:19 +0100, Sebastian Zartner wrote:
> Amazing work, Tav! I really hope this pushes browser implementations!

I wonder if we should provide the polyfil on the inkscape.org website
by default. I know it'll only work for embded images (which is an admin
task at the moment)

Am 15.01.2017 um 20:14 schrieb Martin Owens:
> On Sun, 2017-01-15 at 12:19 +0100, Sebastian Zartner wrote:
>> Amazing work, Tav! I really hope this pushes browser implementations!
>

> I wonder if we should provide the polyfil on the inkscape.org website
> by default. I know it'll only work for embded images (which is an admin
> task at the moment)
>
> Martin,

- I don't dare make any bug reports currently, because of the project
moving and the status being unclear, else I'd already have added a hint
to it. And yes, of course we should have that!

There's already a nice mesh image in the gallery (looks as if it was
shaped for About Screen contest):

https://inkscape.org/en/~imppao/%E2%98%85inkscape-092-outil-filets-de-degradegradient-mesh-tool?c=1254

We could use that one as a test case :)

Is there a keyboard shortcut to reach the width field in Inkscape?

Ole Ersoy
Anyone know if there is a keyboard shortcut to reach the width field in Inkscape?

TIA,
Ole

Re: Is there a keyboard shortcut to reach the widthfield in Inkscape?

Brynn
Is there some reason why you can't just type the number into the width field?  I
think I don't completely understand your question.  Can you clarify?

On Wed, Jan 18, 2017 at 12:23 PM brynn <[hidden email]> wrote:
Is there some reason why you can't just type the number into the width field?  I

think I don't completely understand your question.  Can you clarify?

Sure - how do we focus the width field with keys?  In other words witout using the mouse...

Am 19.01.2017 um 00:00 schrieb Ole Ersoy:
> Sure - how do we focus the width field with keys?  In other words witout
> using the mouse...

- You could use the transform dialog, maybe? (Object -> Transform)

Not sure if it's possible to use the keyboard to focus the tool controls
bar.

Re: Is there a keyboard shortcut to reach the widthfield in Inkscape?

Ole Ersoy
Also asked here:

http://graphicdesign.stackexchange.com/questions/83442/is-there-a-keyboard-shortcut-to-reach-the-width-field-in-inkscape

Cheers,

Ole

On 01/18/2017 05:18 PM, Maren Hachmann wrote:

> Am 19.01.2017 um 00:00 schrieb Ole Ersoy:
>> Sure - how do we focus the width field with keys?  In other words witout
>> using the mouse...
> - You could use the transform dialog, maybe? (Object -> Transform)
>
> Not sure if it's possible to use the keyboard to focus the tool controls
> bar.
>
> Regards,
>   Maren

Re: Is there a keyboard shortcut to reach the widthfield in Inkscape?

Ole Ersoy
Someone posted an answer here: