Missing shared library when running Inkscape alpha (Snap)

Missing shared library when running Inkscape alpha (Snap)

Jonas Timothy
Hi,

I couldn’t launch Snap version of Inkscape, and when I tried launching from CLI, I got this:

$ snap run inkscape inkscape: error while loading shared libraries: libdouble-conversion.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Any way I could work around this, or should I downgrade to 0.92.4?

Jonas

--
Sent from Thunderbird using Kubuntu

Re: Missing shared library when running Inkscape alpha (Snap)

Maren Hachmann
Hi Jonas,

this is a known issue (https://gitlab.com/inkscape/inkscape/issues/180),
I'm not sure if the snap maintainer is aware of it, though.

As you're on Kubuntu (according to your email signature), you can use
the ppa instead. It's also going to have fewer issues with access to the
various systems (print, third-party extensions, files, graphics
tablet,...) of your computer.

See https://inkscape.org/release/master/gnulinux/ubuntu/ppa/dl/ for how
to get the current development branch ppa.

Other ppas (for the stable branch, and for 0.92.4) are available, too.

Maren

Am 10.05.19 um 19:06 schrieb Jonas Timothy:

> Hi,
>
> I couldn’t launch Snap version of Inkscape, and when I tried launching
> from CLI, I got this:
>
> |$ snap run inkscape inkscape: error while loading shared libraries:
> libdouble-conversion.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file
> or directory|
>
> Any way I could work around this, or should I downgrade to 0.92.4?
>
> Jonas
>
> ​
> --
> Sent from Thunderbird <https://www.thunderbird.net/en-US/> using Kubuntu
> <https://kubuntu.org/>

Re: Missing shared library when running Inkscape alpha (Snap)

Marc Jeanmougin
I committed a tentative fix on May 2, but apparently the edge channel
has not been updates since then. I have no idea when updates are
supposed to happen, so I cannot confirm if the problem is fixed or not.

Mc