Quantcast

Need help re-writing Eggbot extension

D.W. Burger
I hope this is the right place to make this request.  If not, maybe someone can point me to a better venue.  I'm a non-programmer with an idea that I need help with.  I want to use the EiBot Board from the Eggbot to construct a polargraph using 2 stepper motors and 1 servo that will be controlled from within Inkscape.  The original Inkscape extension is written in Python and actually produces some readable output on a prototype polargraph I've constructed (see photo below).  I've taken a look at the original Python script and have identified the key statements for moving the pen around.  Anyone interested in helping with this?  Thanks!

Dave

Re: Need help re-writing Eggbot extension

Shlomi Fish
Hi Dave!

On Mon, 08 May 2017 02:03:53 +0000
"D.W. Burger" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I hope this is the right place to make this request.  If not, maybe
> someone can point me to a better venue.  I'm a non-programmer with an
> idea that I need help with.  I want to use the EiBot Board from the
> Eggbot to construct a polargraph using 2 stepper motors and 1 servo that
> will be controlled from within Inkscape.  The original Inkscape
> extension is written in Python and actually produces some readable
> output on a prototype polargraph I've constructed (see photo below).
> I've taken a look at the original Python script and have identified the
> key statements for moving the pen around.  Anyone interested in helping
> with this?  Thanks!

Are you willing to pay a programmer for their time? I am available for
consulting and you may be able to find other people as well.

Otherwise, you may opt to learn programming and do it yourself, see:

*
https://github.com/shlomif/Freenode-programming-channel-FAQ/blob/master/FAQ.mdwn#i-want-to-learn-programming-which-language-should-i-start-with

(short URL: https://is.gd/ug2KEW )

It's not that hard and will likely be worth it.

Regards,

        Shlomi Fish