New Das Stroke LPE

Jabier Arraiza
Hey folks,

Whit the help of Lazur and the thread:
http://www.inkscapeforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=24175&p=83448&hilit=s
troke+dash#p83448 just do a tiny LPE to fix it.

Here are the new video showing it (no audio):

https://archive.org/details/dash-stroke-lpe

Hope is useful since is not included in the SVG spec.

With love, Jabiertxo.

Re: [Inkscape-user] New Das Stroke LPE

Jabier Arraiza
Thanks Tav for the feedback.

Im working in a feature to allow use min lenght of a segment to define
the aproximate lenght of the hole/dash, this allow corner perfect
dashes in a rectangle with diferent ammount of dashes.

I go to the link you send to catch more ideas...

I realy like more a SVG spec than a LPE, mainly because Im not
recreating the stroke but subdividing the segment, so we cannot handle
fills without fill between many LPE.

Regards.

On Sun, 2018-04-01 at 14:16 +0200, Tavmjong Bah wrote:

> On Sun, 2018-04-01 at 12:51 +0200, Jabier Arraiza wrote:
> > Hey folks,
> >
> > Whit the help of Lazur and the thread:
> > http://www.inkscapeforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=24175&p=83448&hil
> > it
> > =s
> > troke+dash#p83448 just do a tiny LPE to fix it.
> >
> > Here are the new video showing it (no audio):
> >
> > https://archive.org/details/dash-stroke-lpe
>
> Nice!
>
> > Hope is useful since is not included in the SVG spec.
>
> If it's an LPE it doesn't need to be in the SVG spec. Have a look at
> this to see what the SVG group was thinking about before it was
> removed
> from the SVG 2 spec:
>
> https://svgwg.org/specs/strokes/#StrokeDashing
>
> > With love, Jabiertxo.

Re: [Inkscape-user] New Das Stroke LPE

I just see the spec.

I hope I can improve the LPE with it.

Regards, Jabier

On Sun, 2018-04-01 at 14:16 +0200, Tavmjong Bah wrote:

> On Sun, 2018-04-01 at 12:51 +0200, Jabier Arraiza wrote:
> > Hey folks,
> >
> > Whit the help of Lazur and the thread:
> > http://www.inkscapeforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=24175&p=83448&hil
> > it
> > =s
> > troke+dash#p83448 just do a tiny LPE to fix it.
> >
> > Here are the new video showing it (no audio):
> >
> > https://archive.org/details/dash-stroke-lpe
>
> Nice!
>
> > Hope is useful since is not included in the SVG spec.
>
> If it's an LPE it doesn't need to be in the SVG spec. Have a look at
> this to see what the SVG group was thinking about before it was
> removed
> from the SVG 2 spec:
>
> https://svgwg.org/specs/strokes/#StrokeDashing
>
> > With love, Jabiertxo.

Re: New Das Stroke LPE

Hi again,
A new option added to allow redimensioning. Here is a pic:
https://inkscape.org/en/~jabiertxof/%E2%98%85dash-stroke-lpe-unify-dashes-option

Soon in master...

Cheers, Jabier.