New tools for team communication

Marién Soria
Hi everyone!
I'm very active this weekend. Sorry about it!

Mihaela:
Gitlab is great for collaborate with code but it's not for graphic design process.

I have find and interesting app that can help us, it has an unlimited free plan.
We can share mockups and leave feedback. It has 3 differents role types and you can see files like a guest. Take a look to an example board that I create for testing.

-------

Have you disscused the possibility of migrate these comunications to a most friendly environment like Slack or RocketChat?
So we can use @mentions or divide conversations by topic or silence notifications, etc.

Re: New tools for team communication

Jabier Arraiza
Forget to say icons in home inkscape folder overwrite others.
So if your new symbolic icons or tango one not work put in your
inkscape home folder.

Regards.

On Sun, 2018-07-01 at 09:31 -0300, Marién Soria wrote:

> Hi everyone!
> I'm very active this weekend. Sorry about it!
>
> Mihaela:
> Gitlab is great for collaborate with code but it's not for graphic
> design process.
>
> I have find and interesting app that can help us, it has an unlimited
> free plan.
> We can share mockups and leave feedback. It has 3 differents role
> types and you can see files like a guest. Take a look to an example
> board that I create for testing.
> https://app.conceptboard.com/board/58go-o3n8-iz3g-n7us-4roc
>
> -------
>
> Have you disscused the possibility of migrate these comunications to
> a most friendly environment like Slack or RocketChat?
> So we can use @mentions or divide conversations by topic or silence
> notifications, etc.

Re: New tools for team communication

Hi Marién,

We have to be careful about using new tools such as conceptboard. For
two reasons, firstly because we already use so many services and it
really hard to track the footprint of the project after a while.

And secondly Inkscape is a Free Software project, so we have a strong
preference for using Free an Open source tools where possible.
Especially in places where development happens.

Best Regards, Martin Owens

On Sun, 2018-07-01 at 09:31 -0300, Marién Soria wrote:

> Hi everyone!
> I'm very active this weekend. Sorry about it!
>
> Mihaela:
> Gitlab is great for collaborate with code but it's not for graphic
> design process.
>
> I have find and interesting app that can help us, it has an unlimited
> free plan.
> We can share mockups and leave feedback. It has 3 differents role
> types and you can see files like a guest. Take a look to an example
> board that I create for testing.
> https://app.conceptboard.com/board/58go-o3n8-iz3g-n7us-4roc
>
> -------
>
> Have you disscused the possibility of migrate these comunications to
> a most friendly environment like Slack or RocketChat?
> So we can use @mentions or divide conversations by topic or silence
> notifications, etc.

Re: New tools for team communication

Marién Soria
Well, RocketChat is an Open Source project. You can install it on your own server.
I have a version installed on a free Heroku acount.

About ConceptBoard: Ok, I'll try to find something similar but Open Source.

El dom., 1 de jul. de 2018 a la(s) 13:16, <[hidden email]> escribió:
Hi Marién,

We have to be careful about using new tools such as conceptboard. For
two reasons, firstly because we already use so many services and it
really hard to track the footprint of the project after a while.

And secondly Inkscape is a Free Software project, so we have a strong
preference for using Free an Open source tools where possible.
Especially in places where development happens.

Best Regards, Martin Owens

On Sun, 2018-07-01 at 09:31 -0300, Marién Soria wrote:
> Hi everyone!
> I'm very active this weekend. Sorry about it!
>
> Mihaela:
> Gitlab is great for collaborate with code but it's not for graphic
> design process.
>
> I have find and interesting app that can help us, it has an unlimited
> free plan.
> We can share mockups and leave feedback. It has 3 differents role
> types and you can see files like a guest. Take a look to an example
> board that I create for testing.
> https://app.conceptboard.com/board/58go-o3n8-iz3g-n7us-4roc
>
> -------
>
> Have you disscused the possibility of migrate these comunications to
> a most friendly environment like Slack or RocketChat?
> So we can use @mentions or divide conversations by topic or silence
> notifications, etc.

Re: New tools for team communication

C R
Maybe it's worth putting together a tutorial to bring designers up to speed with gitlab's ui for sharing graphics projects. The files need to end up there anyway.

My 2p
-C

On Sun, 1 Jul 2018, 18:10 Marién Soria, <[hidden email]> wrote:
Well, RocketChat is an Open Source project. You can install it on your own server.
I have a version installed on a free Heroku acount.

About ConceptBoard: Ok, I'll try to find something similar but Open Source.

El dom., 1 de jul. de 2018 a la(s) 13:16, <[hidden email]> escribió:
Hi Marién,

We have to be careful about using new tools such as conceptboard. For
two reasons, firstly because we already use so many services and it
really hard to track the footprint of the project after a while.

And secondly Inkscape is a Free Software project, so we have a strong
preference for using Free an Open source tools where possible.
Especially in places where development happens.

Best Regards, Martin Owens

On Sun, 2018-07-01 at 09:31 -0300, Marién Soria wrote:
> Hi everyone!
> I'm very active this weekend. Sorry about it!
>
> Mihaela:
> Gitlab is great for collaborate with code but it's not for graphic
> design process.
>
> I have find and interesting app that can help us, it has an unlimited
> free plan.
> We can share mockups and leave feedback. It has 3 differents role
> types and you can see files like a guest. Take a look to an example
> board that I create for testing.
> https://app.conceptboard.com/board/58go-o3n8-iz3g-n7us-4roc
>
> -------
>
> Have you disscused the possibility of migrate these comunications to
> a most friendly environment like Slack or RocketChat?
> So we can use @mentions or divide conversations by topic or silence
> notifications, etc.

Re: New tools for team communication

Just some info, in case you haven't found these yet  :-)

We use the website's gallery for sharing mockups:
https://inkscape.org/en/gallery/=ui-mockup/  I think you only have a little
space, as a new user, but just ask when you need more space (ask Martin, aka
doctormo).  Or there might be some special account that's used for that
category, I'm not sure??

And we use IRC for chat --- 2 channels, user and development --
https://inkscape.org/en/community/discussion/

We're in the process of creating the project's first "official" forum.  It looks
like we'll be able to use the existing InkscapeForum.com, as a base for that.
There are other forums too, but we haven't decided whether to combine them all
yet.  However, developers tend not to (I guess, have time to) visit forums --
it's mostly users helping users.  I just mention it on the subject of
communication.

The still-relatively-new Vectors team, which is for outreach and marketing, has
been using sometimes chat via Mattermost and sometimes video/voice via jitsi.
It has been considering Rocket Chat, but not all team members are comfortable
with it, because not all members use the video/voice part.  So the team is still
discussing the best way to communicate.

Re: New tools for team communication

Victor Westmann
Hi Jabier,

You mean in the exact same place where inkscape,exe is? Good to know!

--Victor Westmann