No Align shortcuts documented in Keyboard and mouse reference of 0.92

No Align shortcuts documented in Keyboard and mouse reference of 0.92

Raghavendra kamath
Hello,

In Inkscape 0.92 a user can quickly align objects with the following keyboard
shortcuts

Ctrl+Alt+2 : Align bottom
Ctrl+Alt+4 : Align left
Ctrl+Alt+5 : Align horizontal and vertical center
Ctrl+Alt+6 : Align right
Ctrl+Alt+8 : Align top
Ctrl+Alt+h : Align horizontal center

you can check the discussion & commit enabling this shortcuts here -> https://
bugs.launchpad.net/inkscape/+bug/189535

However, I couldn't find these shortcuts documented in the official keys and
mouse reference. May be I am missing something? If it is not there already can
we update the shortcut sheet.

Thank you
--
Raghavendra Kamath
Illustrator

Re: No Align shortcuts documented in Keyboard and mouse reference of 0.92

Eduard Braun
Hi Raghavendra,

the key reference is managed as part of "inkscape-docs":
https://launchpad.net/inkscape-docs

We currently lack one (or better yet many ;-) ) active maintainer(s) to
bring it up to speed with current Inkscape development (including moving
it to GitLab), so if you're interested any help would be welcome!

If you file a bug at https://bugs.launchpad.net/inkscape-docs with the
information you provided it will ensure we do not forget about the
missing keys once somebody finds the time to tackle the upgrade.

Best Regards and thanks for the report,
Eduard

Am 17.10.2017 um 10:25 schrieb Raghavendra Kamath:

> Hello,
>
> In Inkscape 0.92 a user can quickly align objects with the following keyboard
> shortcuts
>
> Ctrl+Alt+2 : Align bottom
> Ctrl+Alt+4 : Align left
> Ctrl+Alt+5 : Align horizontal and vertical center
> Ctrl+Alt+6 : Align right
> Ctrl+Alt+8 : Align top
> Ctrl+Alt+h : Align horizontal center
>
> you can check the discussion & commit enabling this shortcuts here -> https://
> bugs.launchpad.net/inkscape/+bug/189535
>
> However, I couldn't find these shortcuts documented in the official keys and
> mouse reference. May be I am missing something? If it is not there already can
> we update the shortcut sheet.
>
> Thank you

Re: No Align shortcuts documented in Keyboard and mouse reference of 0.92

Bryce Harrington-3
Updating the key docs is a great idea.  Raghavendra, I'd echo Eduard's
encouragement to jump in on that task if you're interested.

Bryce