Nondestructive booleans

Miguel Lopez
I'm not a expert in earlier Inkscape version as I have no experience in
those, but I have heard about earlier Inkscape supporting nondestructive
booleans. Did it? Is there anybody looking to restore this? I would find
it interesting because that opens up to a lot more possibilities in SVG
editing. What about earlier features that some Inkscape users use, but
they aren't found in Inkscape .92.

Re: Nondestructive booleans

Jabier Arraiza
Hi Miguel.
There is plans to be included in 0.93 by a Boolops LPE from Michael
Soegtrop.

https://code.launchpad.net/~msoegtrop/inkscape/lpe-bool

Hi, Jabier.

On Mon, 2017-02-27 at 00:28 +0000, Miguel Lopez wrote:

> I'm not a expert in earlier Inkscape version as I have no experience
> in
> those, but I have heard about earlier Inkscape supporting
> nondestructive
> booleans. Did it? Is there anybody looking to restore this? I would
> find
> it interesting because that opens up to a lot more possibilities in
> SVG
> editing. What about earlier features that some Inkscape users use,
> but
> they aren't found in Inkscape .92.

Re: Nondestructive booleans

Jabier Arraiza
Thanks Michael. ping me if you need help with LPE.

Cheers, Jabier.

On Mon, 2017-02-27 at 15:01 +0100, Michael Soegtrop wrote:

> Dear Miguel, Jabier,
>
> I started to finalize the embroidery stitching LPE (experimenting
> with
> TSP algorithms) - probably it is smarter to first update the boolean
> LPE
> branch and add the small changes Jabier requested. I will do so now,
> should take less than 2 weeks.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Michael
>

> On 27.02.2017 09:58, Jabier Arraiza wrote:
> > Hi Miguel.
> > There is plans to be included in 0.93 by a Boolops LPE from Michael
> > Soegtrop.
> >
> > https://code.launchpad.net/~msoegtrop/inkscape/lpe-bool
> >
> > Hi, Jabier.

Re: Nondestructive booleans

Michael Soegtrop
Dear Jabier, Miguel,

just wanted to let you know that I had some severe PC issues (needed to
reinstall Windows after a Visual Studio 2015 update). It is still not
everything as it was, so so I am a bit behind schedule.

Best regards,

Michael

On 27.02.2017 21:26, Jabier Arraiza wrote:

> Thanks Michael. ping me if you need help with LPE.
>
> Cheers, Jabier.
>
> On Mon, 2017-02-27 at 15:01 +0100, Michael Soegtrop wrote:
>> Dear Miguel, Jabier,
>>
>> I started to finalize the embroidery stitching LPE (experimenting
>> with
>> TSP algorithms) - probably it is smarter to first update the boolean
>> LPE
>> branch and add the small changes Jabier requested. I will do so now,
>> should take less than 2 weeks.
>>
>> Best regards,
>>
>> Michael

Re: Nondestructive booleans

Jabier Arraiza
Hi Michael. No hurry 0.93 not come soon.
I hope you don't lost too much.

Cheers, Jabier.