Not as awesome as....?

Brynn
Hi Friends,
        I happened to be looking through the Release Notes which now appear on
the website, under each of the versions of Inkscape which are available for
download.  I noticed for some of the 0.48.x versions, under Known Issues, it
says

"Not as awesome as 0.91"

        For 0.48.3.1 it says "not as awesome as 0.49" which might be a clue
these items were added around the time the decision was made to jump from 0.48
to 0.91.  So apparently this was done on the wiki, and just made the transfer to
the website recently.

        That doesn't sound especially professional to me.  It sounds like a joke
actually.  Especially when there are no other known issues listed!
(https://inkscape.org/en/release/0.48/?latest=1)

        If it's supposed to be some kind of motivation to upgrade, I think there
probably is a more professional way to do it.  I mean, it's not even a release
note, since 0.91 was not made when 0.48.x was released.  For goodness sakes!

        But I really think it should be removed.  Or at the very least,
re-worded. Is there some reason for that, which I haven't imagined yet?

PS - I'd offer to delete them, except I don't appear to have access to those
pages.

Also, the about screen is not showing on the download pages for versions earlier
than 0.48.5.  Shall I make an Issue report?  Or is someone currently working on
it?

Re: Not as awesome as....?

C R
I don't know.  I hear Apples key notes every year touting "Best iPhone we have ever made." Its redundant because of course its the best one,  its supposed to be an upgrade.  I guess marketing hype is kind of like that.  It only sounds good if you don't think too hard about it.

I say go with your gut on it.

-C

On 20 Aug 2017 11:17, "brynn" <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Gord Caswell
On 20 August 2017 at 05:17, brynn <[hidden email]> wrote:

> PS - I'd offer to delete them, except I don't appear to have access to those
> pages.

Brynn,

To edit the page, when you're on the page, click on "Release" in the
header, then "Edit Release"

Gord

Re: Not as awesome as....?

Brynn
Thanks Gord.
But unfortunately, when I click Release, it turns blue, and that's all.  There's
no edit button.  I'm not so much a website developer, as someone who watches out
for the contents.

(Originally I created a lot of the contents, but only the simple pages.  There's
a lot of the site I just don't have access to, because I don't understand it.)