One metre interactive grid (long lat) superimposed on a map

One metre interactive grid (long lat) superimposed on a map

Philip Rhoades
People,

I have done a bit of Googling but am a little overwhelmed about where to
start but I thought Inkscape people might have a better idea.  I want to
add an interactive 1 sqm grid to the attached plan.  I have the original
as a SVG file but it is too large to attach - I imported it from a PDF
file for use in Inkscape.  I want the grid to be square with longitude
and latitude (maybe the maybe should be rotated) such that people could
click a rectangle of squares to indicate a proposed new building lot on
the site.

Is SVG the right tool to build such an interactive map for a web page?

Thanks,

Phil.
--
Philip Rhoades

PO Box 896
Cowra  NSW  2794
Australia
E-mail:  [hidden email]

Site7.png (317K) Download Attachment

Re: One metre interactive grid (long lat) superimposed on a map

Brynn
Hi Phil,
        I probably can't give you a good answer.  But since there haven't been
any other replies, I thought I'd add at least a comment.

        I don't know if SVG is the "right" or "best" tool for this.  But it
certainly is a capable option!  See this page for an overview of different
approaches to animation or interactive SVG webpages:
https://inkscape.org/en/learn/animation/

        I've tried XIA, which iirc produces html5 files or pages.  It's an
Inkscape extension.  Unfortunately, I recently heard that it's not working on
Windows with the current stable release 0.92.2.  But just for reference, I found
it easy to use (simple graphic interface) with adequate tutorials from its
website.

        There are many other options covered there -- some Inkscape extensions,
some standalone, some with graphic interfaces, some written by code ("API"??)

Good luck,