PDF Import /Export plugin.

Muthu-5
Greetings to Inkscape community.
This is Muthiah Annamalai, from India,
Chennai, Tamilnadu.

Im planning to take up creation of a
 PDF Import/Export plugin for Inkscape,
as a part of Google Summer of Code contest.

Im reading Inkscape code, and hope to contribute
to the code base.

Im maintainer/lead for Octave-gtk project,
at http://octave-gtk.sf.net. Previously Ive
submitted some patches to Glade & EOG.

Thanks
Muthu.

Re: PDF Import /Export plugin.

msevior@physics.unimelb.edu.au
> Greetings to Inkscape community.
> This is Muthiah Annamalai, from India,
> Chennai, Tamilnadu.
>
> Im planning to take up creation of a
>  PDF Import/Export plugin for Inkscape,
> as a part of Google Summer of Code contest.
>
> Im reading Inkscape code, and hope to contribute
> to the code base.
>
> Im maintainer/lead for Octave-gtk project,
> at http://octave-gtk.sf.net. Previously Ive
> submitted some patches to Glade & EOG.

Oh Joy!

This would be soooo cool. Good luck. I wish I had time to help but I have
too much to do with AbiWord.

Cheers

Martin

> Thanks
> Muthu.

Re: PDF Import /Export plugin.

Andreas Nilsson
Muthiah Annamalai wrote:

>Greetings to Inkscape community.
>This is Muthiah Annamalai, from India,
>Chennai, Tamilnadu.
>
>Im planning to take up creation of a
> PDF Import/Export plugin for Inkscape,
>as a part of Google Summer of Code contest.
>
>Im reading Inkscape code, and hope to contribute
>to the code base.
>
>Im maintainer/lead for Octave-gtk project,
>at http://octave-gtk.sf.net. Previously Ive
>submitted some patches to Glade & EOG.
>
>Thanks
>Muthu.

Hey man!
That is the feature I currently miss the most in Inkscape.
I owe you a beer or a pretty picture (whichever you want) if you fix
this one!
- Andreas

Re: PDF Import /Export plugin.

Diego González
I don't know if you have given this a though, I,m saying this because
really don't understand this bounty. If in the near future inkscape is
moving to cairo you will get for free the pdf export.

For the import you might wan't to take a look at poppler, which is a
pdf library derived from the xpdf engine that kpdf and evince are
using. It is being developed as a freedesktop project. There is a
mailing list also if you are interested.