PIGLATIN

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

PIGLATIN

Jabier Arraiza
Why this name in source code :(((

/inkscape/po/[hidden email]

This bring me very sad. 
Think about no more commits with this welcome.

_______________________________________________
Inkscape-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/inkscape-devel

signature.asc (849 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: PIGLATIN

Patrick Storz
Am 17.09.2018 um 22:51 schrieb Jabier Arraiza:
> Why this name in source code :(((
>
> /inkscape/po/[hidden email]
>
> This bring me very sad.
> Think about no more commits with this welcome.

It's harmless (although not really useful) unless I'm missing something:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pig_Latin

Regards,
Patrick


_______________________________________________
Inkscape-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/inkscape-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: PIGLATIN

Jabier Arraiza
Hi Patrick.

Thanks and sorry for do not a research previously. 

Anyway I dislike it on source code, is a joke lang bad named for me.

Regards, Jabier.

On Mon, 2018-09-17 at 22:55 +0200, Patrick Storz wrote:

> Am 17.09.2018 um 22:51 schrieb Jabier Arraiza:
> > Why this name in source code :(((
> >
> > /inkscape/po/[hidden email]
> >
> > This bring me very sad.
> > Think about no more commits with this welcome.
>
> It's harmless (although not really useful) unless I'm missing
> something:
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pig_Latin
>
> Regards,
> Patrick

_______________________________________________
Inkscape-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/inkscape-devel

signature.asc (849 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: PIGLATIN

Bryce Harrington-3
On Mon, Sep 17, 2018 at 11:23:24PM +0200, Jabier Arraiza wrote:

> Hi Patrick.
>
> Thanks and sorry for do not a research previously. 
>
> Anyway I dislike it on source code, is a joke lang bad named for me.
>
> Regards, Jabier.
>
> On Mon, 2018-09-17 at 22:55 +0200, Patrick Storz wrote:
> > Am 17.09.2018 um 22:51 schrieb Jabier Arraiza:
> > > Why this name in source code :(((
> > >
> > > /inkscape/po/[hidden email]
> > >
> > > This bring me very sad.
> > > Think about no more commits with this welcome.
> >
> > It's harmless (although not really useful) unless I'm missing
> > something:
> > https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pig_Latin
> >
> > Regards,
> > Patrick

It is indeed useless; it was added very early on as just a test of the
translation system when it was first hooked up in Inkscape.  It serves
no other purpose than humor though, and is completely unnecessary.
I encourage its removal to avoid anyone else finding it unwelcoming or
offensive.

Bryce


> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
>
> iQIzBAABCAAdFiEEy9AuYg327G73MEaenb5M4+r7fDUFAlugG0wACgkQnb5M4+r7
> fDXlAg//T/yXSFrCzbJ6yEpa/7M8NrpWeRSc/PGMcQQVHpoyv+IAASO4KDPXIKZ0
> IOEl5qsZxy/SHz6wm+FnpCv7RfV0BtzLVD2ZESh9XO8rr9rVZHmxPjAbw2KPXUI7
> iBmW/F9GDFxX0MueHwz9NnVf6KLorGmhzUaKAkWNDTkm9VfOGhpfxYgUqxpt95pY
> pnvahL0N0/JfK8JZkReCrz8sZin00C5+yP0G9NCdAbjlYDn8vNenJDvHzzXfRxoq
> SZHd2ClLrdrb1aINxcIfLYQoFnKBthJ9JRbzl0Nkw0uK6RMLkSPFgEQpWaS96yQL
> bTq/M9F0XoabgMzER+xl7ivpdWfYC6hASkU6HaLan2yESXLzbmhWynmLInI2sxZw
> Le1t29WKkNJ/QW8DnEA2jGuaGhfRGxrb+sAXR3q/23t6epUx8XsgcMar9ub1Mttb
> S0CJ0nZ6+I9t6zL+bAgEgB4MO5es0+vAy9P0T1J1UmT2yBdKeGBGvi2nR54M3+iM
> pvyjrldsl8C2qdiSuYO1D2BB4nR6QEZpkogjr4xl2n4H6OfmyOBXfbf8i1MwiAOX
> ca1J49aQBt6kj+Ez4a3iQmvWz7l0/XklsjIOaR1mE1T5sAyg0IURViyL50v6zY57
> fOasITewTfFopa7hEM9VWxJhYFZY+oBv1udObGNBlb4Mkw2NdUs=
> =9aXe
> -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----



> _______________________________________________
> Inkscape-devel mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/inkscape-devel



_______________________________________________
Inkscape-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/inkscape-devel
C R
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: PIGLATIN

C R
+1 for removing.

-C

On Tue, 18 Sep 2018, 05:55 Bryce Harrington, <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Mon, Sep 17, 2018 at 11:23:24PM +0200, Jabier Arraiza wrote:
> Hi Patrick.
>
> Thanks and sorry for do not a research previously. 
>
> Anyway I dislike it on source code, is a joke lang bad named for me.
>
> Regards, Jabier.
>
> On Mon, 2018-09-17 at 22:55 +0200, Patrick Storz wrote:
> > Am 17.09.2018 um 22:51 schrieb Jabier Arraiza:
> > > Why this name in source code :(((
> > >
> > > /inkscape/po/[hidden email]
> > >
> > > This bring me very sad.
> > > Think about no more commits with this welcome.
> >
> > It's harmless (although not really useful) unless I'm missing
> > something:
> > https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pig_Latin
> >
> > Regards,
> > Patrick

It is indeed useless; it was added very early on as just a test of the
translation system when it was first hooked up in Inkscape.  It serves
no other purpose than humor though, and is completely unnecessary.
I encourage its removal to avoid anyone else finding it unwelcoming or
offensive.

Bryce


> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
>
> iQIzBAABCAAdFiEEy9AuYg327G73MEaenb5M4+r7fDUFAlugG0wACgkQnb5M4+r7
> fDXlAg//T/yXSFrCzbJ6yEpa/7M8NrpWeRSc/PGMcQQVHpoyv+IAASO4KDPXIKZ0
> IOEl5qsZxy/SHz6wm+FnpCv7RfV0BtzLVD2ZESh9XO8rr9rVZHmxPjAbw2KPXUI7
> iBmW/F9GDFxX0MueHwz9NnVf6KLorGmhzUaKAkWNDTkm9VfOGhpfxYgUqxpt95pY
> pnvahL0N0/JfK8JZkReCrz8sZin00C5+yP0G9NCdAbjlYDn8vNenJDvHzzXfRxoq
> SZHd2ClLrdrb1aINxcIfLYQoFnKBthJ9JRbzl0Nkw0uK6RMLkSPFgEQpWaS96yQL
> bTq/M9F0XoabgMzER+xl7ivpdWfYC6hASkU6HaLan2yESXLzbmhWynmLInI2sxZw
> Le1t29WKkNJ/QW8DnEA2jGuaGhfRGxrb+sAXR3q/23t6epUx8XsgcMar9ub1Mttb
> S0CJ0nZ6+I9t6zL+bAgEgB4MO5es0+vAy9P0T1J1UmT2yBdKeGBGvi2nR54M3+iM
> pvyjrldsl8C2qdiSuYO1D2BB4nR6QEZpkogjr4xl2n4H6OfmyOBXfbf8i1MwiAOX
> ca1J49aQBt6kj+Ez4a3iQmvWz7l0/XklsjIOaR1mE1T5sAyg0IURViyL50v6zY57
> fOasITewTfFopa7hEM9VWxJhYFZY+oBv1udObGNBlb4Mkw2NdUs=
> =9aXe
> -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----



> _______________________________________________
> Inkscape-devel mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/inkscape-devel



_______________________________________________
Inkscape-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/inkscape-devel


_______________________________________________
Inkscape-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/inkscape-devel