Parallel lines brush?

sdaau
Hi all,

I would like to have a sort of "hatched" parallel line brush (useful for representing busses in diagrams). This is what I could get to:
* Draw three parallel lines
** (using the Bezier tool - click to set start point, hold CTRL to keep line aligned horizontally, move cursor to other end and double click to complete line)
* Select all three lines, group
* select group and scale it horizontally, such that the length becomes much shorter that the width of the group
* Select bezier tool, draw a line made of horizontal, then vertical, then horizontal segment again
* Now select the group again, and choose Object / Raise to Top.
* Select both the group and the line, and choose Extensions / Generate from Path / Pattern along path
* Choose live preview, select "repeated, stretched" copies of the pattern, and set all numeric parameters to 0.

The horizontal segment of the object having the effect applied to then looks close to what I want, but not the vertical one..

Any ideas on how to achieve this in Inkscape properly?

Thanks,
Cheers !

Re: Parallel lines brush?

Rob Antonishen
Can you show a sample image  of what you want? Your description is
somewhat confusing.

-Rob A>