Problem with text tool in Inkscape 0.92.1

Problem with text tool in Inkscape 0.92.1

Victor Westmann
Hi there,

can anyone help me?

I am trying to use the text feature in Windows 7 64bit using Inkscape 0.92.1 in the following manner:

I select the Text tool (F7) and start typing some text. As soon as I hit enter (for a newline of text) the newline jumps to 500px above the original text.

I went into the NEWLINE spacing feature (which is cool) and changed the value to 0. Also changed the measurement from pt to px, cm, mm and nothing worked.

What am I missing here guys?

--Victor Westmann

Re: Problem with text tool in Inkscape 0.92.1

Victor Westmann
Ok guys,

I don't know exactly how, but I managed to make it work. I had to click multiple times in the button to show/change font size for the selected text and then to also change the measure (pt, px, cm, mm...) and then hammering down (trying new numeric values for spacing between lines) and pressing enter occasioanlly worked.

It showed me, however, two values. As soon as I clicked the font size of the selected size the number changes for another one. And upon a new mouse click it got back to the original (previous number). Any ideas?