Quick 0.92.3pre0 test needed (was Re: inkscape-0.92.3pre0 source tarball now available)

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
10 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Quick 0.92.3pre0 test needed (was Re: inkscape-0.92.3pre0 source tarball now available)

Bryce Harrington-3
I am in the process of finalizing 0.92.3 for release.  Would someone
mind downloading the tarball, building it, running the program, and
using it a bit as a quick sanity check?  

Download from:

 https://inkscape.org/en/release/0.92.3pre0/

Eduard and I have built and run it, and so I'm not expecting there are
any issues, just looking for a quick thumbs up that it works as expected
for a third person.

Thanks,
Bryce


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
engaging tech sites, Slashdot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
_______________________________________________
Inkscape-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/inkscape-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Quick 0.92.3pre0 test needed (was Re: inkscape-0.92.3pre0 source tarball now available)

Shlomi Fish
On Sat, 10 Mar 2018 17:01:22 -0800
Bryce Harrington <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I am in the process of finalizing 0.92.3 for release.  Would someone
> mind downloading the tarball, building it, running the program, and
> using it a bit as a quick sanity check?  
>

Hi! Will do.

> Download from:
>
>  https://inkscape.org/en/release/0.92.3pre0/
>
> Eduard and I have built and run it, and so I'm not expecting there are
> any issues, just looking for a quick thumbs up that it works as expected
> for a third person.
>
> Thanks,
> Bryce
>
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
> engaging tech sites, Slashdot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
> _______________________________________________
> Inkscape-devel mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/inkscape-devel



--
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Shlomi Fish       http://www.shlomifish.org/
https://github.com/shlomif/what-you-should-know-about-automated-testing

Knuth is not God! Unless you confuse him with Dijkstra.
    — http://www.shlomifish.org/humour/bits/facts/Knuth/

Please reply to list if it's a mailing list post - http://shlom.in/reply .

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
engaging tech sites, Slashdot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
_______________________________________________
Inkscape-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/inkscape-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Quick 0.92.3pre0 test needed (was Re: inkscape-0.92.3pre0 source tarball now available)

Shlomi Fish
On Sun, 11 Mar 2018 09:01:00 +0200
Shlomi Fish <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Sat, 10 Mar 2018 17:01:22 -0800
> Bryce Harrington <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > I am in the process of finalizing 0.92.3 for release.  Would someone
> > mind downloading the tarball, building it, running the program, and
> > using it a bit as a quick sanity check?  
> >  
>
> Hi! Will do.
>

On mageia v7 x86-64, I am getting this compile error

```
[1/567] Generating inkscape-version.cpp
revision is 0ab9bec, 2018-03-03
[2/567] Building CXX object src/CMakeFiles/inkscape_base.dir/extension/internal/bitmap/crop.cpp.o
FAILED: src/CMakeFiles/inkscape_base.dir/extension/internal/bitmap/crop.cpp.o
/home/shlomif/bin/c++  -DHAVE_CAIRO_PDF=1 -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -DHAVE_POTRACE -DHAVE_TR1_UNORDERED_SET -DMAGICKCORE_HDRI_ENABLE=1 -DMAGICKCORE_QUANTUM_DEPTH=16 -DORBIT2=1 -DWITH_CSSBLEND -DWITH_CSSCOMPOSITE -DWITH_MESH -DWITH_SVG2 -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -Dinkscape_base_EXPORTS -Isrc -I/home/shlomif/Download/unpack/graphics/inkscape/inkscape-0.92.3pre0/src -I/home/shlomif/Download/unpack/graphics/inkscape/inkscape-0.92.3pre0 -Iinclude -isystem /usr/include/pango-1.0 -isystem /usr/include/cairo -isystem /usr/include/pixman-1 -isystem /usr/include/libdrm -isystem /usr/include/valgrind -isystem /usr/include/harfbuzz -isystem /usr/include/freetype2 -isystem /usr/include/libpng16 -isystem /usr/include/libxml2 -isystem /usr/include/glib-2.0 -isystem /usr/lib64/glib-2.0/include -isystem /usr/include/gc -isystem /usr/include/poppler -isystem /usr/include/libwpg-0.3 -isystem /usr/include/librevenge-0.0 -isystem /usr/include/libvisio-0.1 -isystem /usr/include/gtkmm-2.4 -isystem /usr/lib64/gtkmm-2.4/include -isystem /usr/include/atkmm-1.6 -isystem /usr/include/gtk-unix-print-2.0 -isystem /usr/include/gtk-2.0 -isystem /usr/include/gdkmm-2.4 -isystem /usr/lib64/gdkmm-2.4/include -isystem /usr/include/giomm-2.4 -isystem /usr/include/pangomm-1.4 -isystem /usr/lib64/pangomm-1.4/include -isystem /usr/include/glibmm-2.4 -isystem /usr/lib64/glibmm-2.4/include -isystem /usr/include/cairomm-1.0 -isystem /usr/lib64/cairomm-1.0/include -isystem /usr/include/sigc++-2.0 -isystem /usr/lib64/sigc++-2.0/include -isystem /usr/lib64/gtk-2.0/include -isystem /usr/include/atk-1.0 -isystem /usr/include/gdk-pixbuf-2.0 -isystem /usr/include/gtkspell-2.0 -isystem /usr/include/ImageMagick-7 -fopenmp -fpermissive -pthread -O3 -DNDEBUG -fPIC   -pthread -UWITH_LPETOOL -ULPE_ENABLE_TEST_EFFECTS -pthread -fopenmp -fopenmp -fopenmp -fopenmp -fPIC -MD -MT src/CMakeFiles/inkscape_base.dir/extension/internal/bitmap/crop.cpp.o -MF src/CMakeFiles/inkscape_base.dir/extension/internal/bitmap/crop.cpp.o.d -o src/CMakeFiles/inkscape_base.dir/extension/internal/bitmap/crop.cpp.o -c /home/shlomif/Download/unpack/graphics/inkscape/inkscape-0.92.3pre0/src/extension/internal/bitmap/crop.cpp
/home/shlomif/Download/unpack/graphics/inkscape/inkscape-0.92.3pre0/src/extension/internal/bitmap/crop.cpp: In member function ‘virtual void Inkscape::Extension::Internal::Bitmap::Crop::applyEffect(Magick::Image*)’:
/home/shlomif/Download/unpack/graphics/inkscape/inkscape-0.92.3pre0/src/extension/internal/bitmap/crop.cpp:27:78: error: no matching function for call to ‘Magick::Geometry::Geometry(int&, int&, int&, int&, bool, bool)’
         image->crop(Magick::Geometry(width, height, _left, _top, false, false));
                                                                              ^
In file included from /usr/include/ImageMagick-7/Magick++/Drawable.h:28:0,
                 from /usr/include/ImageMagick-7/Magick++/Image.h:17,
                 from /usr/include/ImageMagick-7/Magick++.h:12,
                 from /home/shlomif/Download/unpack/graphics/inkscape/inkscape-0.92.3pre0/src/extension/internal/bitmap/crop.cpp:15:
/usr/include/ImageMagick-7/Magick++/Geometry.h:119:5: note: candidate: Magick::Geometry::Geometry(const RectangleInfo&)
     Geometry(const MagickCore::RectangleInfo &rectangle_);
     ^~~~~~~~
/usr/include/ImageMagick-7/Magick++/Geometry.h:119:5: note:   candidate expects 1 argument, 6 provided
/usr/include/ImageMagick-7/Magick++/Geometry.h:52:5: note: candidate: Magick::Geometry::Geometry(size_t, size_t, ssize_t, ssize_t)
     Geometry(size_t width_,size_t height_,::ssize_t xOff_=0,
     ^~~~~~~~
/usr/include/ImageMagick-7/Magick++/Geometry.h:52:5: note:   candidate expects 4 arguments, 6 provided
/usr/include/ImageMagick-7/Magick++/Geometry.h:49:5: note: candidate: Magick::Geometry::Geometry(const string&)
     Geometry(const std::string &geometry_);
     ^~~~~~~~
/usr/include/ImageMagick-7/Magick++/Geometry.h:49:5: note:   candidate expects 1 argument, 6 provided
/usr/include/ImageMagick-7/Magick++/Geometry.h:46:5: note: candidate: Magick::Geometry::Geometry(const Magick::Geometry&)
     Geometry(const Geometry &geometry_);
     ^~~~~~~~
/usr/include/ImageMagick-7/Magick++/Geometry.h:46:5: note:   candidate expects 1 argument, 6 provided
/usr/include/ImageMagick-7/Magick++/Geometry.h:43:5: note: candidate: Magick::Geometry::Geometry(const char*)
     Geometry(const char *geometry_);
     ^~~~~~~~
/usr/include/ImageMagick-7/Magick++/Geometry.h:43:5: note:   candidate expects 1 argument, 6 provided
/usr/include/ImageMagick-7/Magick++/Geometry.h:40:5: note: candidate: Magick::Geometry::Geometry()
     Geometry();
     ^~~~~~~~
/usr/include/ImageMagick-7/Magick++/Geometry.h:40:5: note:   candidate expects 0 arguments, 6 provided
ninja: build stopped: subcommand failed.


> > Download from:
> >
> >  https://inkscape.org/en/release/0.92.3pre0/
> >
> > Eduard and I have built and run it, and so I'm not expecting there are
> > any issues, just looking for a quick thumbs up that it works as expected
> > for a third person.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Bryce
> >
> >
> > ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> > Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
> > engaging tech sites, Slashdot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
> > _______________________________________________
> > Inkscape-devel mailing list
> > [hidden email]
> > https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/inkscape-devel 
>
>
>



--
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Shlomi Fish       http://www.shlomifish.org/
Funny Anti-Terrorism Story - http://shlom.in/enemy

Women who seek to be equal with men lack ambition.
    — https://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Timothy_Leary

Please reply to list if it's a mailing list post - http://shlom.in/reply .

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
engaging tech sites, Slashdot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
_______________________________________________
Inkscape-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/inkscape-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Quick 0.92.3pre0 test needed (was Re: inkscape-0.92.3pre0 source tarball now available)

Patrick Storz
Am 11.03.2018 um 08:30 schrieb Shlomi Fish:

> On Sun, 11 Mar 2018 09:01:00 +0200
> Shlomi Fish <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 10 Mar 2018 17:01:22 -0800
>> Bryce Harrington <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> I am in the process of finalizing 0.92.3 for release.  Would someone
>>> mind downloading the tarball, building it, running the program, and
>>> using it a bit as a quick sanity check?
>>>    
>> Hi! Will do.
>>
> On mageia v7 x86-64, I am getting this compile error

ImageMagick 7 is not compatible with Inkscape.

You need to compile with an earlier (6.x) version or GraphicsMagick (not
supported out of the box but seems to work with minor adjustments to the
CMake files [1]).

[1]
https://launchpadlibrarian.net/336377532/0001-Allow-linking-against-GraphisMagick-as-an-alternativ.patch

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
engaging tech sites, Slashdot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
_______________________________________________
Inkscape-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/inkscape-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Quick 0.92.3pre0 test needed (was Re: inkscape-0.92.3pre0 source tarball now available)

Inkscape - Dev mailing list
On Sun, Mar 11, 2018 at 12:18:48PM +0100, Eduard Braun wrote:

> Am 11.03.2018 um 08:30 schrieb Shlomi Fish:
> > On Sun, 11 Mar 2018 09:01:00 +0200
> > Shlomi Fish <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > > On Sat, 10 Mar 2018 17:01:22 -0800
> > > Bryce Harrington <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > >
> > > > I am in the process of finalizing 0.92.3 for release.  Would someone
> > > > mind downloading the tarball, building it, running the program, and
> > > > using it a bit as a quick sanity check?
> > > Hi! Will do.
> > >
> > On mageia v7 x86-64, I am getting this compile error
>
> ImageMagick 7 is not compatible with Inkscape.
>
> You need to compile with an earlier (6.x) version or GraphicsMagick (not
> supported out of the box but seems to work with minor adjustments to the
> CMake files [1]).
>
> [1] https://launchpadlibrarian.net/336377532/0001-Allow-linking-against-GraphisMagick-as-an-alternativ.patch

In BLFS (i.e. all compiled from source, with options for binary
texlive and java) we moved to ImageMagick7 a while ago, ImageMagick6
is retained as libraries for inkscape and emacs, with a patch to
only install the libs and to use versioning.  We patch inkscape to
use the versioned libs/.pc files

If Shlomi is using the infernal systemd, links are at
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs/view/stable-systemd/xsoft/inkscape.html

or for sysvinit
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs/view/stable/xsoft/inkscape.html

(the builds/patches for inkscape and ImageMagick6 should be
identical, but if you go far enough down the dependencies something
might differ between the two books)

ĸen
--
Truth, in front of her huge walk-in wardrobe, selected black leather
boots with stiletto heels for such a barefaced truth.
                                     - Unseen Academicals

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
engaging tech sites, Slashdot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
_______________________________________________
Inkscape-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/inkscape-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Quick 0.92.3pre0 test needed (was Re: inkscape-0.92.3pre0 source tarball now available)

Shlomi Fish
In reply to this post by Patrick Storz
On Sun, 11 Mar 2018 12:18:48 +0100
Eduard Braun <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Am 11.03.2018 um 08:30 schrieb Shlomi Fish:
> > On Sun, 11 Mar 2018 09:01:00 +0200
> > Shlomi Fish <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >  
> >> On Sat, 10 Mar 2018 17:01:22 -0800
> >> Bryce Harrington <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >>  
> >>> I am in the process of finalizing 0.92.3 for release.  Would someone
> >>> mind downloading the tarball, building it, running the program, and
> >>> using it a bit as a quick sanity check?
> >>>      
> >> Hi! Will do.
> >>  
> > On mageia v7 x86-64, I am getting this compile error  
>
> ImageMagick 7 is not compatible with Inkscape.
>
> You need to compile with an earlier (6.x) version or GraphicsMagick (not
> supported out of the box but seems to work with minor adjustments to the
> CMake files [1]).
>
> [1]
> https://launchpadlibrarian.net/336377532/0001-Allow-linking-against-GraphisMagick-as-an-alternativ.patch

thanks! I was now able to build and install inkscape after applying the
im7.patch from the mageia package. It seems to run fine.



--
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Shlomi Fish       http://www.shlomifish.org/
Buffy Factoids - http://www.shlomifish.org/humour/bits/facts/Buffy/

Oh! I wish you could see the look on his face! Actually, I would have also
liked to see the look on his face, but just then I woke up from the dream.
    — http://www.shlomifish.org/humour/TheEnemy/

Please reply to list if it's a mailing list post - http://shlom.in/reply .

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
engaging tech sites, Slashdot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
_______________________________________________
Inkscape-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/inkscape-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Quick 0.92.3pre0 test needed (was Re: inkscape-0.92.3pre0 source tarball now available)

Bryce Harrington-3
On Sun, Mar 11, 2018 at 04:08:41PM +0200, Shlomi Fish wrote:

> On Sun, 11 Mar 2018 12:18:48 +0100
> Eduard Braun <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Am 11.03.2018 um 08:30 schrieb Shlomi Fish:
> > > On Sun, 11 Mar 2018 09:01:00 +0200
> > > Shlomi Fish <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > >  
> > >> On Sat, 10 Mar 2018 17:01:22 -0800
> > >> Bryce Harrington <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > >>  
> > >>> I am in the process of finalizing 0.92.3 for release.  Would someone
> > >>> mind downloading the tarball, building it, running the program, and
> > >>> using it a bit as a quick sanity check?
> > >>>      
> > >> Hi! Will do.
> > >>  
> > > On mageia v7 x86-64, I am getting this compile error  
> >
> > ImageMagick 7 is not compatible with Inkscape.
> >
> > You need to compile with an earlier (6.x) version or GraphicsMagick (not
> > supported out of the box but seems to work with minor adjustments to the
> > CMake files [1]).
> >
> > [1]
> > https://launchpadlibrarian.net/336377532/0001-Allow-linking-against-GraphisMagick-as-an-alternativ.patch
>
> thanks! I was now able to build and install inkscape after applying the
> im7.patch from the mageia package. It seems to run fine.

Thanks for testing, Shlomi!

Bryce

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
engaging tech sites, Slashdot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
_______________________________________________
Inkscape-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/inkscape-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Quick 0.92.3pre0 test needed - Text tool

mihaela.jurkovic

**Text tool - "Right to left text" feedback**

The "Right to left text" seems to have bugs or inconsistencies.

  • One inconsistency is the alignment ("Align left", "Align center" and "Align right"). In "Left to right text" the alignment indicator (is there a proper name for this?) moves to left, center and right of text as you change the Alignment, with slight BBox? shift as well. 

    In "Right to left text" when changing alignment the indicator moves correctly within the text box, but the entire object jumps to a completely new position, horizontal shift only, it seems by the width of the object. Expected behaviour is not to jump, to be at roughly the same position allowing for the slight shift as in "Left to right text" alignment change. (Why does the slight shift happen anyway? I often wondered. Why not just change the alignment indicator position outside of the BBox?)
  • I don't have RTL fonts, so I don't know if this should work with LTR ones, but I expected my letters to be inverted in order, for example when I type "Inkscape" I expected to end up with "epacsknI". Is this expected? I expect the "Right to left text" to actually type characters from right to left, exactly the opposite of "Left to right text", but this doesn't happen.
  • There is certainly something wrong with punctuation, although to me it seems it behaves as expected while text characters do the opposite. When typing "Inkscape!?. " I end up with " .?!Inkscape" with punctuation jumping to the other side as it's written, typing text goes one direction, typing punctuation another. When I copy and paste I get: "Inkscape!?." which is correct order within the object but is it correct direction? This punctuation issue is also reported on the forum: Right to Left languages is not presented correctly

Inkscape 0.92.3pre0 (0ab9bec, 2018-03-03)
Ubuntu 14.04 LTS

Mihaela

On 11.03.2018 16:59, Bryce Harrington wrote:
On Sun, Mar 11, 2018 at 04:08:41PM +0200, Shlomi Fish wrote:
On Sun, 11 Mar 2018 12:18:48 +0100
Eduard Braun [hidden email] wrote:

Am 11.03.2018 um 08:30 schrieb Shlomi Fish:
On Sun, 11 Mar 2018 09:01:00 +0200
Shlomi Fish [hidden email] wrote:
 
On Sat, 10 Mar 2018 17:01:22 -0800
Bryce Harrington [hidden email] wrote:
 
I am in the process of finalizing 0.92.3 for release.  Would someone
mind downloading the tarball, building it, running the program, and
using it a bit as a quick sanity check?
     
Hi! Will do.
 
On mageia v7 x86-64, I am getting this compile error  
ImageMagick 7 is not compatible with Inkscape.

You need to compile with an earlier (6.x) version or GraphicsMagick (not 
supported out of the box but seems to work with minor adjustments to the 
CMake files [1]).

[1] 
https://launchpadlibrarian.net/336377532/0001-Allow-linking-against-GraphisMagick-as-an-alternativ.patch
thanks! I was now able to build and install inkscape after applying the
im7.patch from the mageia package. It seems to run fine.
Thanks for testing, Shlomi!

Bryce

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
engaging tech sites, Slashdot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
_______________________________________________
Inkscape-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/inkscape-devel



------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
engaging tech sites, Slashdot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
_______________________________________________
Inkscape-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/inkscape-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Quick 0.92.3pre0 test needed - Text tool

mihaela.jurkovic

Using Arabic text seems to make it work as expected.

It's weird though when using Latin characters with RTL, and then some punctuation (which ends up on the opposite side), when navigating with Home and End the pointer seems to jump to ends of punctuation string, ignoring the Latin characters. If I place cursor inside Latin chars and go Home or End, it jumps to punctuation part of the string and stays there when using Home or End again.

Mihaela

On 13.03.2018 20:55, Mihaela wrote:

**Text tool - "Right to left text" feedback**

The "Right to left text" seems to have bugs or inconsistencies.

  • One inconsistency is the alignment ("Align left", "Align center" and "Align right"). In "Left to right text" the alignment indicator (is there a proper name for this?) moves to left, center and right of text as you change the Alignment, with slight BBox? shift as well. 

    In "Right to left text" when changing alignment the indicator moves correctly within the text box, but the entire object jumps to a completely new position, horizontal shift only, it seems by the width of the object. Expected behaviour is not to jump, to be at roughly the same position allowing for the slight shift as in "Left to right text" alignment change. (Why does the slight shift happen anyway? I often wondered. Why not just change the alignment indicator position outside of the BBox?)
  • I don't have RTL fonts, so I don't know if this should work with LTR ones, but I expected my letters to be inverted in order, for example when I type "Inkscape" I expected to end up with "epacsknI". Is this expected? I expect the "Right to left text" to actually type characters from right to left, exactly the opposite of "Left to right text", but this doesn't happen.
  • There is certainly something wrong with punctuation, although to me it seems it behaves as expected while text characters do the opposite. When typing "Inkscape!?. " I end up with " .?!Inkscape" with punctuation jumping to the other side as it's written, typing text goes one direction, typing punctuation another. When I copy and paste I get: "Inkscape!?." which is correct order within the object but is it correct direction? This punctuation issue is also reported on the forum: Right to Left languages is not presented correctly

Inkscape 0.92.3pre0 (0ab9bec, 2018-03-03)
Ubuntu 14.04 LTS

Mihaela

On 11.03.2018 16:59, Bryce Harrington wrote:
On Sun, Mar 11, 2018 at 04:08:41PM +0200, Shlomi Fish wrote:
On Sun, 11 Mar 2018 12:18:48 +0100
Eduard Braun [hidden email] wrote:

Am 11.03.2018 um 08:30 schrieb Shlomi Fish:
On Sun, 11 Mar 2018 09:01:00 +0200
Shlomi Fish [hidden email] wrote:
 
On Sat, 10 Mar 2018 17:01:22 -0800
Bryce Harrington [hidden email] wrote:
 
I am in the process of finalizing 0.92.3 for release.  Would someone
mind downloading the tarball, building it, running the program, and
using it a bit as a quick sanity check?
     
Hi! Will do.
 
On mageia v7 x86-64, I am getting this compile error  
ImageMagick 7 is not compatible with Inkscape.

You need to compile with an earlier (6.x) version or GraphicsMagick (not 
supported out of the box but seems to work with minor adjustments to the 
CMake files [1]).

[1] 
https://launchpadlibrarian.net/336377532/0001-Allow-linking-against-GraphisMagick-as-an-alternativ.patch
thanks! I was now able to build and install inkscape after applying the
im7.patch from the mageia package. It seems to run fine.
Thanks for testing, Shlomi!

Bryce

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
engaging tech sites, Slashdot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
_______________________________________________
Inkscape-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/inkscape-devel




------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
engaging tech sites, Slashdot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
_______________________________________________
Inkscape-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/inkscape-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[SPAM] Re: Quick 0.92.3pre0 test needed - Text tool

mihaela.jurkovic

One other inconsistency: when changing the font size the object is shifted unexpectedly, when it should be anchored to the alignment indicator.

Do we have anyone in Arabic, Hebrew or other RTL communities who can help with testing this?

Mihaela

On 14.03.2018 01:35, Mihaela wrote:

Using Arabic text seems to make it work as expected.

It's weird though when using Latin characters with RTL, and then some punctuation (which ends up on the opposite side), when navigating with Home and End the pointer seems to jump to ends of punctuation string, ignoring the Latin characters. If I place cursor inside Latin chars and go Home or End, it jumps to punctuation part of the string and stays there when using Home or End again.

Mihaela

On 13.03.2018 20:55, Mihaela wrote:

**Text tool - "Right to left text" feedback**

The "Right to left text" seems to have bugs or inconsistencies.

  • One inconsistency is the alignment ("Align left", "Align center" and "Align right"). In "Left to right text" the alignment indicator (is there a proper name for this?) moves to left, center and right of text as you change the Alignment, with slight BBox? shift as well. 

    In "Right to left text" when changing alignment the indicator moves correctly within the text box, but the entire object jumps to a completely new position, horizontal shift only, it seems by the width of the object. Expected behaviour is not to jump, to be at roughly the same position allowing for the slight shift as in "Left to right text" alignment change. (Why does the slight shift happen anyway? I often wondered. Why not just change the alignment indicator position outside of the BBox?)
  • I don't have RTL fonts, so I don't know if this should work with LTR ones, but I expected my letters to be inverted in order, for example when I type "Inkscape" I expected to end up with "epacsknI". Is this expected? I expect the "Right to left text" to actually type characters from right to left, exactly the opposite of "Left to right text", but this doesn't happen.
  • There is certainly something wrong with punctuation, although to me it seems it behaves as expected while text characters do the opposite. When typing "Inkscape!?. " I end up with " .?!Inkscape" with punctuation jumping to the other side as it's written, typing text goes one direction, typing punctuation another. When I copy and paste I get: "Inkscape!?." which is correct order within the object but is it correct direction? This punctuation issue is also reported on the forum: Right to Left languages is not presented correctly

Inkscape 0.92.3pre0 (0ab9bec, 2018-03-03)
Ubuntu 14.04 LTS

Mihaela

On 11.03.2018 16:59, Bryce Harrington wrote:
On Sun, Mar 11, 2018 at 04:08:41PM +0200, Shlomi Fish wrote:
On Sun, 11 Mar 2018 12:18:48 +0100
Eduard Braun [hidden email] wrote:

Am 11.03.2018 um 08:30 schrieb Shlomi Fish:
On Sun, 11 Mar 2018 09:01:00 +0200
Shlomi Fish [hidden email] wrote:
 
On Sat, 10 Mar 2018 17:01:22 -0800
Bryce Harrington [hidden email] wrote:
 
I am in the process of finalizing 0.92.3 for release.  Would someone
mind downloading the tarball, building it, running the program, and
using it a bit as a quick sanity check?
     
Hi! Will do.
 
On mageia v7 x86-64, I am getting this compile error  
ImageMagick 7 is not compatible with Inkscape.

You need to compile with an earlier (6.x) version or GraphicsMagick (not 
supported out of the box but seems to work with minor adjustments to the 
CMake files [1]).

[1] 
https://launchpadlibrarian.net/336377532/0001-Allow-linking-against-GraphisMagick-as-an-alternativ.patch
thanks! I was now able to build and install inkscape after applying the
im7.patch from the mageia package. It seems to run fine.
Thanks for testing, Shlomi!

Bryce

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
engaging tech sites, Slashdot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
_______________________________________________
Inkscape-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/inkscape-devel





------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
engaging tech sites, Slashdot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
_______________________________________________
Inkscape-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/inkscape-devel