[RESEND] Re: inkscape-0.92.3pre0 source tarball now available

[RESEND] Re: inkscape-0.92.3pre0 source tarball now available

Bryce Harrington-3
Hoping SF is back online...

----- Forwarded message from Mail Delivery Subsystem <[hidden email]> -----

Date: Sun, 4 Mar 2018 11:32:58 -0800
From: Mail Delivery Subsystem <[hidden email]>
To: [hidden email]
Subject: Returned mail: see transcript for details

The original message was received at Sun, 4 Mar 2018 11:32:24 -0800
from static-50-53-76-183.bvtn.or.frontiernet.net []

<[hidden email]>
    (reason: 550 unknown user)

... while talking to mx.sourceforge.net.:
>>> DATA
<<< 550 unknown user
550 5.1.1 <[hidden email]>... User unknown
<<< 503-All RCPT commands were rejected with this error:
<<< 503-unknown user
<<< 503 Valid RCPT command must precede DATA

Reporting-MTA: dns; vinyl.outflux.net
Received-From-MTA: DNS; static-50-53-76-183.bvtn.or.frontiernet.net
Arrival-Date: Sun, 4 Mar 2018 11:32:24 -0800

Final-Recipient: RFC822; [hidden email]
Action: failed
Remote-MTA: DNS; mx.sourceforge.net
Diagnostic-Code: SMTP; 550 unknown user
Last-Attempt-Date: Sun, 4 Mar 2018 11:32:41 -0800

Date: Sun, 4 Mar 2018 11:32:14 -0800
From: Bryce Harrington <[hidden email]>
To: Eduard Braun <[hidden email]>
Cc: [hidden email], Ryan Gorley <[hidden email]>, Martin
 Owens <[hidden email]>, the Adib <[hidden email]>, David Evans
 <[hidden email]>, Tim Sheridan <[hidden email]>, Ted Gould
 <[hidden email]>, mrdocs <[hidden email]>, Gord Caswell
 <[hidden email]>

On Sun, Mar 04, 2018 at 01:51:36PM +0100, Eduard Braun wrote:

> Am 04.03.2018 um 06:01 schrieb Bryce Harrington:
> >The 0.92.3pre0 pre-release source tarball is ready for packaging.  It
> >can be downloaded from:
> >
> >     http://alpha.inkscape.org/releases/inkscape-0.92.3pre0.tar.bz2
> >
> >The 0.92.x branch should now be considered in Hard Freeze + String Freeze.
> >Please touch base with me for any changes to code or translations from
> >now until release.
> >
> >---
> >
> >I'm late as usual with cutting the release, but other than that things
> >have gone smoothly.  I would very much appreciate if people could build
> >and test and give me a thumbs up if everything looks normal.  If no
> >serious issues crop up I will cut the final release next weekend.
> >
> >Bryce
> Thanks Bryce!
> As you did not publish a schedule this time you're probably only late
> according to your own private schedule - If you hadn't mentioned it nobody
> would have noticed. ;-)

True.  :-)

> Windows binaries and installers are available at [1] (64-bit) and [2]
> (32-bit).
> Do you want them on the website Bryce? (I noticed you uploaded the tarball
> to alpha.inkscape.org -- do we even want to add a release to the releases
> app on the website for the pre-release then? I think it can only consume
> gallery items...)

Yes, still upload the end-user downloadable content to the website.
We have mirroring and caching set up there.

Feel free to also copy the source tarball to the website.

Going forward, I'm going to stage the source tarballs on alpha.  It
makes the dist machinery cleaner and more easily automated it can just
scp the files up directly to the webserver.  And if I need to re-upload
the tarball I can do it without needing to rename it, which has been a
problem in the past.

I don't think we have any particular bandwidth limits for alpha, but for
stuff we know is going to get tons of hits probably best if we have it
going through Fastly.

----- End forwarded message -----