RSVP: Inkscape Hackfest, Portland Oregon Apr 28 - May 3, 2017

RSVP: Inkscape Hackfest, Portland Oregon Apr 28 - May 3, 2017

Bryce Harrington-3
You're invited!  We will be hosting a hackfest in Portland Oregon this
spring for 5 nights.  Tell me ASAP if you might be interested in joining
us.

We're trying something a bit different for this hackfest.  We're renting
a house that's been set up for business meetings, with a front unit and
a rear unit.  We've reserved one unit, and if enough people will be
coming we'll grab the other as well.

The event will focus on stabilization of the 0.93 branch and
infrastructure development.  Depending on attendance, we'll also do
planning of fundraising activities and brainstorming of outreach
efforts.

I will send further information soon (the Board is currently voting on
a few details), but for now please drop me an email if you might be able
to participate.

Re: RSVP: Inkscape Hackfest, Portland Oregon Apr 28 - May 3, 2017

Bryce Harrington-3
For more details about the Hackfest here in Portland please see:

    https://inkscape.org/en/gallery/item/10747/inkscape_hackfest_portland.pdf

Drop me an email ASAP if you're interested in attending.  Dates are
coming up soon, so we'll need to get travel arrangements squared away
for everyone quickly.

Bryce

On Sat, Mar 04, 2017 at 02:34:51PM -0800, Bryce Harrington wrote:

> You're invited!  We will be hosting a hackfest in Portland Oregon this
> spring for 5 nights.  Tell me ASAP if you might be interested in joining
> us.
>
> We're trying something a bit different for this hackfest.  We're renting
> a house that's been set up for business meetings, with a front unit and
> a rear unit.  We've reserved one unit, and if enough people will be
> coming we'll grab the other as well.
>
> The event will focus on stabilization of the 0.93 branch and
> infrastructure development.  Depending on attendance, we'll also do
> planning of fundraising activities and brainstorming of outreach
> efforts.
>
> I will send further information soon (the Board is currently voting on
> a few details), but for now please drop me an email if you might be able
> to participate.
>
> Bryce

Re: RSVP: Inkscape Hackfest, Portland Oregon Apr 28 - May 3, 2017

Alex Valavanis-3
Hi Bryce,

I'm afraid I'm going to be at another conference with work, so I won't be able to join you this year!

Sounds like a great plan though :)

AV

On 5 Mar 2017 6:39 p.m., "Bryce Harrington" <[hidden email]> wrote:
For more details about the Hackfest here in Portland please see:

    https://inkscape.org/en/gallery/item/10747/inkscape_hackfest_portland.pdf

Drop me an email ASAP if you're interested in attending.  Dates are
coming up soon, so we'll need to get travel arrangements squared away
for everyone quickly.

Bryce

On Sat, Mar 04, 2017 at 02:34:51PM -0800, Bryce Harrington wrote:
> You're invited!  We will be hosting a hackfest in Portland Oregon this
> spring for 5 nights.  Tell me ASAP if you might be interested in joining
> us.
>
> We're trying something a bit different for this hackfest.  We're renting
> a house that's been set up for business meetings, with a front unit and
> a rear unit.  We've reserved one unit, and if enough people will be
> coming we'll grab the other as well.
>
> The event will focus on stabilization of the 0.93 branch and
> infrastructure development.  Depending on attendance, we'll also do
> planning of fundraising activities and brainstorming of outreach
> efforts.
>
> I will send further information soon (the Board is currently voting on
> a few details), but for now please drop me an email if you might be able
> to participate.
>
> Bryce

Re: RSVP: Inkscape Hackfest, Portland Oregon Apr 28 - May 3, 2017

Tavmjong Bah

Alex,

On Mon, 2017-03-06 at 18:36 +0000, Alex Valavanis wrote:
Hi Bryce,

I'm afraid I'm going to be at another conference with work, so I won't be able to join you this year!

Sounds like a great plan though :)

GUADEC is going to be just down the road from you this year in Manchester (Friday 28th July - Wednesday 2nd August). We should arrange for you to go if you are interested (along with maybe a couple of others).

Tav

AV

Re: Inkscape Hackfest, Portland Oregon Apr 28 - May 3, 2017

Unfortunately our venue has fallen through (their reservation system
screwed up - it accepted our booking and money even though it had
already been booked to someone else.)

I may be able to try to reschedule the venue elsewhere, however just two
people have expressed interest so far (one of which is a maybe), which
admittedly isn't much of a hackfest...

If we get at least 2-3 more RSVP's by the end of the day, I'll look into
booking a different unit, otherwise guess we'll postpone the event.

Bryce

On Sat, Mar 04, 2017 at 02:34:51PM -0800, Bryce Harrington wrote:

> You're invited!  We will be hosting a hackfest in Portland Oregon this
> spring for 5 nights.  Tell me ASAP if you might be interested in joining
> us.
>
> We're trying something a bit different for this hackfest.  We're renting
> a house that's been set up for business meetings, with a front unit and
> a rear unit.  We've reserved one unit, and if enough people will be
> coming we'll grab the other as well.
>
> The event will focus on stabilization of the 0.93 branch and
> infrastructure development.  Depending on attendance, we'll also do
> planning of fundraising activities and brainstorming of outreach
> efforts.
>
> I will send further information soon (the Board is currently voting on
> a few details), but for now please drop me an email if you might be able
> to participate.
>
> Bryce

Re: Inkscape Hackfest, Portland Oregon Apr 28 - May 3, 2017

Martin Owens-2
Thanks for all your hard work on this bryce,

Hackfests are hard, a big shout out to Alex for the last one :-D
clearly he is a wizard.

From the look of the discussions. It seems the larger picture is that
we're all quite busy people who would love it if the hackfest could be
held where we are currently. Tav in Paris, yourself in Portland, me in
Boston. So there's a pattern there that describes a deeper concern for
the core developers, about how busy, how much time and maybe we're all
just getting too old for the jet-setting life style ;-)

Perhaps this is why isn't best we hooked the hackfest to a larger
event. There was more of a weight to push people into making the
commitments and allowing people to justify time off work.

I think the accommodation plan is a good one and we should try again
with that.

But we could also find out in a given year what kinds of events people
will a. be going to, b. might be going to c. could be excused to go.
Give their work schedules and commitments. We've really been quite
befuddled by the south american Libre Graphics this year haven't we.

I'd probably pin myself and Tav down as the most flexible, probably
given our style of work. But others seem to be more bound, maybe some
sort of survey to get a feel over people's capacity and willingness to
strike out in a hackfest adventure.

But without that matrix of data, we're kind of fishing randomly with no
real knowledge over how many people even want to come to an event if it
was held in their own living rooms.

Best Regards, Martin Owens

On Tue, 2017-03-07 at 10:11 -0800, Bryce Harrington wrote:

> Unfortunately our venue has fallen through (their reservation system
> screwed up - it accepted our booking and money even though it had
> already been booked to someone else.)
>
> I may be able to try to reschedule the venue elsewhere, however just
> two
> people have expressed interest so far (one of which is a maybe),
> which
> admittedly isn't much of a hackfest...
>
> If we get at least 2-3 more RSVP's by the end of the day, I'll look
> into
> booking a different unit, otherwise guess we'll postpone the event.
>
> Bryce
>
> On Sat, Mar 04, 2017 at 02:34:51PM -0800, Bryce Harrington wrote:
> >
> > You're invited!  We will be hosting a hackfest in Portland Oregon
> > this
> > spring for 5 nights.  Tell me ASAP if you might be interested in
> > joining
> > us.
> >
> > We're trying something a bit different for this hackfest.  We're
> > renting
> > a house that's been set up for business meetings, with a front unit
> > and
> > a rear unit.  We've reserved one unit, and if enough people will be
> > coming we'll grab the other as well.
> >
> > The event will focus on stabilization of the 0.93 branch and
> > infrastructure development.  Depending on attendance, we'll also do
> > planning of fundraising activities and brainstorming of outreach
> > efforts.
> >
> > I will send further information soon (the Board is currently voting
> > on
> > a few details), but for now please drop me an email if you might be
> > able
> > to participate.
> >
> > Bryce

CANCELED: Inkscape Hackfest, Portland Oregon Apr 28 - May 3, 2017

This event is canceled due to an insufficient number of attendees.

Bryce

On Tue, Mar 07, 2017 at 10:11:45AM -0800, Bryce Harrington wrote:

> Unfortunately our venue has fallen through (their reservation system
> screwed up - it accepted our booking and money even though it had
> already been booked to someone else.)
>
> I may be able to try to reschedule the venue elsewhere, however just two
> people have expressed interest so far (one of which is a maybe), which
> admittedly isn't much of a hackfest...
>
> If we get at least 2-3 more RSVP's by the end of the day, I'll look into
> booking a different unit, otherwise guess we'll postpone the event.
>
> Bryce
>
> On Sat, Mar 04, 2017 at 02:34:51PM -0800, Bryce Harrington wrote:
> > You're invited!  We will be hosting a hackfest in Portland Oregon this
> > spring for 5 nights.  Tell me ASAP if you might be interested in joining
> > us.
> >
> > We're trying something a bit different for this hackfest.  We're renting
> > a house that's been set up for business meetings, with a front unit and
> > a rear unit.  We've reserved one unit, and if enough people will be
> > coming we'll grab the other as well.
> >
> > The event will focus on stabilization of the 0.93 branch and
> > infrastructure development.  Depending on attendance, we'll also do
> > planning of fundraising activities and brainstorming of outreach
> > efforts.
> >
> > I will send further information soon (the Board is currently voting on
> > a few details), but for now please drop me an email if you might be able
> > to participate.
> >
> > Bryce

Re: CANCELED: Inkscape Hackfest, Portland Oregon Apr 28 - May 3, 2017

Jabier Arraiza
:( Thanks so much for the work done organicing it. Its very attractive
to me.

For next events, I hope could fill one travel at year, no matter where
is it, if doubt, nearest by economical reason only.

Cheers, Jabier.

On Wed, 2017-03-08 at 11:07 -0800, Bryce Harrington wrote:

> This event is canceled due to an insufficient number of attendees.
>
> Bryce
>
> On Tue, Mar 07, 2017 at 10:11:45AM -0800, Bryce Harrington wrote:
> > Unfortunately our venue has fallen through (their reservation
> > system
> > screwed up - it accepted our booking and money even though it had
> > already been booked to someone else.)
> >
> > I may be able to try to reschedule the venue elsewhere, however
> > just two
> > people have expressed interest so far (one of which is a maybe),
> > which
> > admittedly isn't much of a hackfest...
> >
> > If we get at least 2-3 more RSVP's by the end of the day, I'll look
> > into
> > booking a different unit, otherwise guess we'll postpone the event.
> >
> > Bryce
> >
> > On Sat, Mar 04, 2017 at 02:34:51PM -0800, Bryce Harrington wrote:
> > > You're invited!  We will be hosting a hackfest in Portland Oregon
> > > this
> > > spring for 5 nights.  Tell me ASAP if you might be interested in
> > > joining
> > > us.
> > >
> > > We're trying something a bit different for this hackfest.  We're
> > > renting
> > > a house that's been set up for business meetings, with a front
> > > unit and
> > > a rear unit.  We've reserved one unit, and if enough people will
> > > be
> > > coming we'll grab the other as well.
> > >
> > > The event will focus on stabilization of the 0.93 branch and
> > > infrastructure development.  Depending on attendance, we'll also
> > > do
> > > planning of fundraising activities and brainstorming of outreach
> > > efforts.
> > >
> > > I will send further information soon (the Board is currently
> > > voting on
> > > a few details), but for now please drop me an email if you might
> > > be able
> > > to participate.
> > >
> > > Bryce

> > -------------
> > Announcing the Oxford Dictionaries API! The API offers world-
> > renowned
> > dictionary content that is easy and intuitive to access. Sign up
> > for an
> > account today to start using our lexical data to power your apps
> > and
> > projects. Get started today and enter our developer competition.
> > http://sdm.link/oxford

Re: RSVP: Inkscape Hackfest, Portland Oregon Apr 28 - May 3, 2017

Krzysztof Kosiński
Hello all,

I can't come, unfortunately. I will be in Poland on those dates
(already committed to that several months before).

Best regards, Krzysztof

> Alex,
>
> On Mon, 2017-03-06 at 18:36 +0000, Alex Valavanis wrote:
>
> Hi Bryce,
>
> I'm afraid I'm going to be at another conference with work, so I won't be
> able to join you this year!
>
> Sounds like a great plan though :)
>

> GUADEC is going to be just down the road from you this year in Manchester
> (Friday 28th July - Wednesday 2nd August). We should arrange for you to go
> if you are interested (along with maybe a couple of others).
>
> Tav
>

> AV

Re: Inkscape Hackfest, Portland Oregon Apr 28 - May 3, 2017

Where's our survey maker.....Victor?

  :-)