Re: Inkscape 1.0 released

Bernhard Kleine

Dear all,

this is excellent news! However, loading the x64.msi file I am stuck it does not start downloading.

Any idea

Kind regards Bernhard

Am 04.05.2020 um 19:11 schrieb Marc Jeanmougin:
================
= Inkscape 1.0 =
================

Inkscape version 1.0 is now released.

----------------

You can watch our showcase at:
https://inkscape.org/release-video-1-0/

and download it for your platform on:
https://inkscape.org/release/inkscape-1.0/

then, if you want to support Inkscape, donate to the project at
https://inkscape.org/support-us/

----------------

Inkscape 1.0 is a major milestone for the Inkscape project, following
the update of our user interface toolkit GTK to GTK+3, which allows us
to support custom theming and HiDPI screen resolutions, and to provide a
native app for macOS (as a preview).

We also introduced a long list of new features outlined in detail and
illustrated at https://wiki.inkscape.org/wiki/index.php/Release_notes/1.0 .

The highlights of this release are:

* Easier theming options
* macOS support
* HiDPI screen support
* Rotating and mirroring of canvas
* Alignment of object with on-canvas handles
* Split view and X-Ray modes to inspect path geometry
* Searchable symbols dialog
* New live path effect selection dialog
* PowerPencil Live Path Effect to draw variable width strokes with
graphic tablets
* Many new useful live path effects (corner rounding tool, offsets,
measures...)
* Performance improvements for path operations on large number of paths
* Default coordinate origin has been moved to the top left
* Improved text line-height support
* Variable font support
* Browser-compatible flowed text
* Extensions now use Python 3

-----------------------------
Join an Inkscape project team
-----------------------------

Inkscape is always happy to welcome new contributors in various areas:
code[1], translation[2], UX[3], bug triaging[4], or even outreach[5]!

The main ways to get involved are listed on
https://inkscape.org/contribute/

The preferred points of contact are:

[1]
https://lists.inkscape.org/postorius/lists/inkscape-devel.lists.inkscape.org/
+ https://chat.inkscape.org/channel/team_devel (or freenode/#inkscape-devel)
[2]
https://lists.inkscape.org/postorius/lists/inkscape-translator.lists.inkscape.org/
[3] https://chat.inkscape.org/channel/team_ux
[4] https://chat.inkscape.org/channel/bug_migration
[5] https://chat.inkscape.org/channel/team_vectors

A warm thanks to everyone involved in making this release possible!

spitzhalde9
D-79853 lenzkirch
[hidden email]
www.b-kleine.com, www.urseetal.net
Ich darf auch auf mein neues Buch "Falter in Lenzkirch" aufmerksam machen
(Infos bei mir)
-
thunderbird mit enigmail
GPG schlüssel: D5257409
fingerprint:
08 B7 F8 70 22 7A FC C1 15 49 CA A6 C7 6F A0 2E D5 25 74 09

Re: Inkscape 1.0 released

Steve Litt
Use a different browser. I was able to download inkscape-1.0-x64.msi
using Firefox  3.17.5 on an up-to-date Void Linux computer.

SteveT

On Tue, 5 May 2020 12:07:18 +0200
> [...]

> > Join an Inkscape project team
> > -----------------------------
> >
> > Inkscape is always happy to welcome new contributors in various
> > areas: code[1], translation[2], UX[3], bug triaging[4], or even
> > outreach[5]!
> >
> > The main ways to get involved are listed on
> > https://inkscape.org/contribute/
> >
> > The preferred points of contact are:
> >
> > [1]
> > https://lists.inkscape.org/postorius/lists/inkscape-devel.lists.inkscape.org/
> > + https://chat.inkscape.org/channel/team_devel (or
> > freenode/#inkscape-devel) [2]
> > https://lists.inkscape.org/postorius/lists/inkscape-translator.lists.inkscape.org/
> > [3] https://chat.inkscape.org/channel/team_ux
> > [4] https://chat.inkscape.org/channel/bug_migration
> > [5] https://chat.inkscape.org/channel/team_vectors
> >
> > A warm thanks to everyone involved in making this release possible!

After updating firefox (76 64-Bit), it finally offered to download the
file. Still, one wonders why downloading is dependent on a specific
version of a browser?

Thanks for all your considerations.

Am 05.05.2020 um 22:54 schrieb Steve Litt:

> [...]
>>> + https://chat.inkscape.org/channel/team_devel (or
>>> freenode/#inkscape-devel) [2]
>>> https://lists.inkscape.org/postorius/lists/inkscape-translator.lists.inkscape.org/
>>> [3] https://chat.inkscape.org/channel/team_ux
>>> [4] https://chat.inkscape.org/channel/bug_migration
>>> [5] https://chat.inkscape.org/channel/team_vectors
>>>
>>> A warm thanks to everyone involved in making this release possible!

spitzhalde9
D-79853 lenzkirch
[hidden email]
www.b-kleine.com, www.urseetal.net
Ich darf auch auf mein neues Buch "Falter in Lenzkirch" aufmerksam machen
(Infos bei mir)
-
thunderbird mit enigmail
GPG schlüssel: D5257409
fingerprint:
08 B7 F8 70 22 7A FC C1 15 49 CA A6 C7 6F A0 2E D5 25 74 09

Maren Hachmann
Hi everyone,

the issue had nothing to do with the web browser, it was pure random
whether it worked or not. It did differ by location (as in, which
country you're in).

It should be resolved now, by some settings changes that Martin made for
the fastly CDN service that sponsor the project.

Maren

Am 06.05.20 um 07:59 schrieb Bernhard Kleine:

> After updating firefox (76 64-Bit), it finally offered to download the
> file. Still, one wonders why downloading is dependent on a specific
> version of a browser?
>
> Thanks for all your considerations.
>
> Am 05.05.2020 um 22:54 schrieb Steve Litt:
>> Use a different browser. I was able to download inkscape-1.0-x64.msi
>> using Firefox  3.17.5 on an up-to-date Void Linux computer.
>>
>> SteveT
>>
>> On Tue, 5 May 2020 12:07:18 +0200
>> Bernhard Kleine <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> Dear all,
>>>
>>> this is excellent news! However, loading the x64.msi file I am stuck
>>> it does not start downloading.
>>>
>>> Any idea
>>>
>>> Kind regards Bernhard

Re: Inkscape 1.0 released

Bernhard Kleine
Thanks a lot!

Am 06.05.2020 um 14:06 schrieb Maren Hachmann:

> Hi everyone,
>
> the issue had nothing to do with the web browser, it was pure random
> whether it worked or not. It did differ by location (as in, which
> country you're in).
>
> It should be resolved now, by some settings changes that Martin made for
> the fastly CDN service that sponsor the project.
>
> Maren
>
> Am 06.05.20 um 07:59 schrieb Bernhard Kleine:
>> After updating firefox (76 64-Bit), it finally offered to download the
>> file. Still, one wonders why downloading is dependent on a specific
>> version of a browser?
>>
>> Thanks for all your considerations.
>>
>> Am 05.05.2020 um 22:54 schrieb Steve Litt:
>>> Use a different browser. I was able to download inkscape-1.0-x64.msi
>>> using Firefox  3.17.5 on an up-to-date Void Linux computer.
>>>
>>> SteveT

spitzhalde9
D-79853 lenzkirch
[hidden email]
www.b-kleine.com, www.urseetal.net
Ich darf auch auf mein neues Buch "Falter in Lenzkirch" aufmerksam machen
(Infos bei mir)
-
thunderbird mit enigmail
GPG schlüssel: D5257409
fingerprint:
08 B7 F8 70 22 7A FC C1 15 49 CA A6 C7 6F A0 2E D5 25 74 09

Re: Inkscape 1.0 released

Will Godfrey
Very pleased to see this. Well done everyone.
There has been quite a lot of interest in this on:

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2020/05/06/inkscape_v1/

and some very positive vibes :)

--
Will J Godfrey