Thanks for staying with this isue!
So do you mean that the 9.1 release will work on OSX 10.12? Website says 10.7-10.10, so I figured it wouldn't work...
I'll have to wait on following up with MacPorts my laptop was lifted from my bag yesterday! So, I'll have to deal with insurance, etc and it'll be at least week or so before I have my a laptop again. Bit of a shock, but life does do this every now and then:-}
Great news that there could be an official release! That would be superb!
So, I'll hang in there (here?) and I guess I'll get Inkscape to work at some point!
But I'm very glad the community and forum is working well, makes things a lot easier!
> Unfortunately, all we can do at this point, is to suggest you contact
>Macports support for this.
> If you learn what the solultion is, would you please let me know? At
>least I'll be able to help other users who try the Macports route.
> If you can't get a solution from Macports, at least you should be able
>to install version 0.91 from the website, for the time being. There is a DMG
>version for 0.91.
> There is some encouraging news for the future, and hopefully near
>future. A small handful of people have become interested in providing an
>official Inkscape release for Macs. I'm not sure if that means a DMG version,
>or exactly what it means. But I'll be trying to follow their work, and I'll try
>and keep the forum community informed (and mailing list too).
> Sorry, I wish I had better news for you.