Re: [Inkscape-user] Inkscape no fonts

Sam

Re: [Inkscape-user] Inkscape no fonts

Sam
I see small boxes everywhere, i.e. in the menu, in the side bar. There
is no font at all in Inkscape. I can't open Inkscape's settings because
I don't know where the settings are because everything is only displayed
as small boxes.

Sam

On 24.03.2018 14:00, Robert Funnell wrote:

> On Sat, 24 Mar 2018, Sam wrote:
>
>> I try to run Inkscape 92.3 on OpenSuse 42.3 with snapd, but there is
>> no fonts. It is running but i only see small square boxes.
>
> Are you saying that you see boxes when you add new text, or that you
> see boxes where there's previously existing text in a drawing?
>
> - Robert

Inkscape_no_fonts.jpg (103K) Download Attachment

Re: [Inkscape-user] Inkscape no fonts

Maren Hachmann
Hi Sam,

if you have updated from a previous Inkscape snap version which worked,
you could try to revert to that version:
sudo snap revert <snap name>

If that's not the case, I hope Ted will be able to help.

Kind Regards,
 Maren

Sam

Re: [Inkscape-user] Inkscape no fonts

Sam
This is my first snap installation ever, so this info doesn't help me.
Before that I used the ready-made OpenSuse RPM files for the
installation. I tried to compile Inkscape, but I failed because of so
many error messages. I know Linux, but not so well that I understand
these error messages, so I switched to the snap installation.

Thanks anyway.

Sam