Re: Yesterday was SMIL and today is Mesh Gradients

Re: Yesterday was SMIL and today is Mesh Gradients

Brynn
I seem to recall that Tavmjong addressed this in a blog entry, back when the
decision was made to push gradient mesh into 0.92.  Let's see if I can find the
link....

Here's the one about SMIL:  http://tavmjong.free.fr/blog/?p=1262

Here's the one about gradient mesh:  http://tavmjong.free.fr/blog/?p=1554

Hhmm, that's not what I was thinking of.  But I can't seem to find it.  Maybe it
wasn't his blog.... [banging head - arrgggh!]  It must have been a mailing list
thread....  You could probably use the dates of those blog posts to narrow down
a search of the list archives, and find that thread.  Sorry I don't have time to
search just now.

I seem to recall that they were just thinking about not supporting gradient
meshes though.  Did you see some definite decision about it?  I also thought
removing SMIL was decided, so maybe you have some new info that I haven't heard
yet?  Or maybe I just had a misunderstanding?

Re: Yesterday was SMIL and today is Mesh Gradients

Victor Westmann
Hi Brynn,

Thank you for the info and the links.

I believe that this might help us shed some light into SMIL and Chrome (for instance).

And this other site seems to provide interesting coverage of the SMIL feature on most popular browser vendors.

Hope this helps somehow!
Have a great day.

--Victor Westmann

-----Original Message----- From: Victor Westmann