Quantcast

Re: custom palettes and swatches

Alexandre Prokoudine
On 5/9/05, Nicu Buculei <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I found I can define my own palette, either in ~/.inkscape/palettes/  or
> system wide in /usr/share/inkscape/palettes/ and it will be loaded in
> the swatches dialog.
>
> So I made a Gnome HIG palette (attached), which can be used when
> creating icons.

Hi,

Yesterday I tried to add some swatches to a recent build of Inkscape
(http://www.inkscape.org/cvs-snap/inkscape-20050608-0740.tar.bz2)

I took KDE palette file for GIMP
(http://physos.net/~physos/new_kde.gpl), GNOME HIG color palette file
(http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gup/images/ximian-palette),
Ubuntu palette file
(http://www.ubuntulinux.org/wiki/UbuntuArtwork/ubuntu-palette.gpl) and
copied them to ~/.inkscape/palettes.

Then I started Inkscape, drew a rectangles, hit S to just select it
and went to "Object - Swatches". Inkscape shown a warning message to
me and crashed. This is reproducible in 10 out of 10 cases.
Unfortunately gdb has refused to help me in trackibng this issue down
by just exiting as soon as Inkscape crashes.

Alexandre

Re: custom palettes and swatches

bulia byak
On 6/9/05, Alexandre Prokoudine <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Then I started Inkscape, drew a rectangles, hit S to just select it
> and went to "Object - Swatches". Inkscape shown a warning message to
> me and crashed. This is reproducible in 10 out of 10 cases.
> Unfortunately gdb has refused to help me in trackibng this issue down
> by just exiting as soon as Inkscape crashes.

Please file a level 9 bug and assign to Jon Cruz.

--
bulia byak
Inkscape. Draw Freely.