Request: Adding Information to the "ExportPDFCMYK" Wiki-Article

Request: Adding Information to the "ExportPDFCMYK" Wiki-Article

niccorigi@t-online.de

Hello Wiki-Team,

I think I found something that would help future Users like me, and thus should be mentioned in the wiki:

(I'm a Beginner, first time Inkscape for an Uni-Project),

For a printing-service, I needed the CMYK-Colorformat. (In an PDF).

But the recommended Extension (http://wiki.inkscape.org/wiki/index.php/ExportPDFCMYK) didn't work for me.

(There was an Error during the Exporting).

However, following process worked for me:

1. Export to PDF via the normal Export-Function. (Result is a Cairo-PDF in RGB-Colors)

2. Use ghostscript to convert it to CMYK: (found at http://zeroset.mnim.org/2014/07/14/save-a-pdf-to-cmyk-with-inkscape/)

gs -dSAFER -dBATCH \
    -dNOPAUSE -dNOCACHE -sDEVICE=pdfwrite \
    -sColorConversionStrategy=CMYK \
    -dProcessColorModel=/DeviceCMYK \
    -sOutputFile=document_cmyk.pdf \
    document_rgb.pdf

This process was much easier for me, as I only had to execute one Command Line, instead of installing two seperate Programs.

And it was the only one that worked, which was crucial, as I had deadlines to follow. And I didn't notice any changes in the Appearance of my file, so the colors were, to the eye, perfecly preserved, even on the eventually printed PVC-Plane.

Could you add this to the "ExportPDFCMYK" Wiki-Article, that this process existst?

I would be very thankful to that! And maybe future Users too witch the same struggles I had.

Best regards,

Niccolò Rigi-Luperti

Re: Request: Adding Information to the "ExportPDFCMYK" Wiki-Article

Maren Hachmann
Hi Niccolò,

would you like to add that info to the Wiki yourself? The Wiki is open
for people to use and update, all they need to do is provide a desired
user name here on the list.

(another option would be to use Scribus, or another DTP program)

What would be the user name you want for the Wiki? (if you want to put
it in yourself)

Kind Regards,
 Maren