Quantcast

Run Extrude extension on all objects in a file

Run Extrude extension on all objects in a file

Antonio Roberts-2
I really love the Extrude extension in Inkscape (here's one of my
experiments http://www.hellocatfood.com/2009/08/07/inkscape-tutorial-text-manipulation/
) However, I've noticed that the extension only works on two selected
objects, even if more than one is selected. Is there a way to have the
extension run on all selected objects?

Kind regards,

Antonio

--
============================
[hidden email]

Re: Run Extrude extension on all objects in a file

alvinpenner
if you select more than two objects, then there is some ambiguity as to which objects will be extruded, since it looks as if they will have to be extruded in pairs. Would you be interested in the following approach: If items 1,2,3,4, ... are selected then the extrusion will occur pairwise between 1-2, then 1-3, then 1-4, etc. ?

Alvin Penner

Re: Run Extrude extension on all objects in a file

Antonio Roberts-2
Hi Alvin,

This is exactly what I'm after. I've made a bug report about this
https://bugs.launchpad.net/inkscape/+bug/1055155

On 23 September 2012 20:50, alvinpenner <[hidden email]> wrote:

> if you select more than two objects, then there is some ambiguity as to which
> objects will be extruded, since it looks as if they will have to be extruded
> in pairs. Would you be interested in the following approach: If items
> 1,2,3,4, ... are selected then the extrusion will occur pairwise between
> 1-2, then 1-3, then 1-4, etc. ?
>
> Alvin Penner

[hidden email]
http://www.hellocatfood.com