Select all clones of...?

Christoph Raab
Hi everyone,

I just found myself in want of an obvious option to select all clones of a particular object. Is there a way to do this?
Alternatively, selecting all "Clone of: <a specific type>".

Best,
Christoph

Re: Select all clones of...?

Brynn
Hi Christoph,
        I think you should be able to do it using Edit menu > Find/Replace.
Unfortunately, I can't tell you exactly how.  I'll investigate, and post again
with specific steps.  (unless someone else beats me to it)

Re: Select all clones of...?

Ah-ha!  Figured it out.

First, with one of the clones selected, open XML Editor.  The selected object
will already be highlighted (on the left side of the window).  On the right side
of the window, click on the attribute xlink:href.  Then in the bottom section of
the right side of the window, you can copy the value for that attribute.  (or
you can just remember the value)

Then paste that value into the Find field in the Find/Replace dialog.  The value
that you either copy or remember will look something like this

#path1234 or #rect5678 or #g9012 or etc.