Set default behavior to "No guides"?

Pierre St-Laurent
Hi everyone,

I recently upgraded my operating system (from debian 7 to debian 9) and I'm slowly adapting to the more recent version of Inkscape (0.92.1).

One thing I noticed is that the "Guides" are activated by default when I start Inkscape.
To deactivate them, I have to go through "Document Properties", select the tab "Guides", and un-check the box "Show guides".

My question is---Would there be a way to have these Guides deactivated by default? So I wouldn't have to do this everyt time?

Any suggestion would be highly appreciated. Thanks!
Pierre

Re: Set default behavior to "No guides"?

Maren Hachmann
Hi Pierre,

so do I understand correctly that you are opening an existing document
with guides, and then you see them, then toggle them off?

Whether guides are visible or not is a document setting in Inkscape,
there's no global default for it.

To fix it, deactivate guides visibility before you close the file.

 Maren

Am 27.06.2018 um 18:13 schrieb Pierre St-Laurent:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I recently upgraded my operating system (from debian 7 to debian 9) and
> I'm slowly adapting to the more recent version of Inkscape (0.92.1).
>
> One thing I noticed is that the "Guides" are activated by default when I
> start Inkscape.
> To deactivate them, I have to go through "Document Properties", select
> the tab "Guides", and un-check the box "Show guides".
>
> My question is---Would there be a way to have these Guides deactivated
> by default? So I wouldn't have to do this everyt time?
>
> Any suggestion would be highly appreciated. Thanks!
> Pierre

Re: Set default behavior to "No guides"?

Pierre St-Laurent
Hi Maren,

> Whether guides are visible or not is a document setting in Inkscape,
> there's no global default for it.

Thank you for your answer. I did not realize that it was a document setting.
I see now that Inkscape "remembers" my choice when I save a file.

Thanks,
Pierre