Quantcast

Setting extension parameter defaults from svg objects

Setting extension parameter defaults from svg objects

Trever L. Adams-2
I am working with an already existing extension. One of my frustrations
is that it remembers the last use. The extension sets values on the svg
path directly. Is there a way that the params defined in the .inx file
can be loaded from those same values?

Thank you.

Trever

Re: Setting extension parameter defaults from svg objects

Maren Hachmann
Hi Trever,

Am 19.01.2017 um 22:37 schrieb Trever L. Adams:
> I am working with an already existing extension. One of my frustrations
> is that it remembers the last use. The extension sets values on the svg
> path directly. Is there a way that the params defined in the .inx file
> can be loaded from those same values?

- Just to clarify: You would like the extension dialog to load values
from the selected object in the svg file?

This is currently not possible with the script-based extensions, no.
At least not if the usual extension dialogs are used.

People have been experimenting with Tkinter and zenity, to produce
dialogs that can be more interactive. I don't know what became of the
Tkinter experiments. You can take a look at the generator extension [1]
for a working zenity [2] example, if you would like to explore the
options to adapt the extension you have to your needs.

[1] http://wiki.colivre.net/Aurium/InkscapeGenerator
[2] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zenity