Quantcast

Snap Version 0.92.1, Extensions: ImportError: no module named site

Snap Version 0.92.1, Extensions: ImportError: no module named site

Daniel Johannsen
Hi,
first let me say that this new effect "Perspective/Envelope" is totally
awesome. I was waiting for this for a very long time!

But with the latest snap installation, i am having trouble to run
extensions.
No matter if i try to run my own extension or the already included
extensions, when i hit the "Apply" Button
i get the message:

"Inkscape has received additional data from the script executed.
The script did not return an error, but this may indicate the results
will not be as expected.
ImportError: No module named site"

I guess that some paths don't point at the right location, e.g., the
path to site.py.
Maybe something is messed up with the snap and standard file locations?

Is there a way to figure out, if my guess is right?
Then where to change settings for the extensions to work again?

(I am running ubuntu 16.10.)

Re: Snap Version 0.92.1, Extensions: ImportError: no module named site

Maren Hachmann
Hi Daniel,

I've forwarded your issue to the developer who takes care of the snap
package, and he answered he would take a look when there's time.

In the mean time, you could use the flatpak option or install Inkscape
from the ppa.

Kind Regards,
 Maren

Am 07.04.2017 um 15:36 schrieb Daniel Johannsen:

> Hi,
> first let me say that this new effect "Perspective/Envelope" is totally
> awesome. I was waiting for this for a very long time!
>
> But with the latest snap installation, i am having trouble to run
> extensions.
> No matter if i try to run my own extension or the already included
> extensions, when i hit the "Apply" Button
> i get the message:
>
> "Inkscape has received additional data from the script executed.
> The script did not return an error, but this may indicate the results
> will not be as expected.
> ImportError: No module named site"
>
> I guess that some paths don't point at the right location, e.g., the
> path to site.py.
> Maybe something is messed up with the snap and standard file locations?
>
> Is there a way to figure out, if my guess is right?
> Then where to change settings for the extensions to work again?
>
> (I am running ubuntu 16.10.)

Re: Snap Version 0.92.1, Extensions: ImportError: no module named site

Daniel Johannsen
Hi Maren,

thank you very much. In the meantime i compiled the newest stable
version of inkscape
and everything including the extensions is working as expected.

Kind Regards,
Daniel

Am 08.04.2017 um 22:15 schrieb Maren Hachmann:

> Hi Daniel,
>
> I've forwarded your issue to the developer who takes care of the snap
> package, and he answered he would take a look when there's time.
>
> In the mean time, you could use the flatpak option or install Inkscape
> from the ppa.
>
> Kind Regards,
>   Maren
>
> Am 07.04.2017 um 15:36 schrieb Daniel Johannsen:
>> Hi,
>> first let me say that this new effect "Perspective/Envelope" is totally
>> awesome. I was waiting for this for a very long time!
>>
>> But with the latest snap installation, i am having trouble to run
>> extensions.
>> No matter if i try to run my own extension or the already included
>> extensions, when i hit the "Apply" Button
>> i get the message:
>>
>> "Inkscape has received additional data from the script executed.
>> The script did not return an error, but this may indicate the results
>> will not be as expected.
>> ImportError: No module named site"
>>
>> I guess that some paths don't point at the right location, e.g., the
>> path to site.py.
>> Maybe something is messed up with the snap and standard file locations?
>>
>> Is there a way to figure out, if my guess is right?
>> Then where to change settings for the extensions to work again?
>>
>> (I am running ubuntu 16.10.)

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Dr.-Ing. Daniel Johannsen
Auf dem Wingert 8