Some guests for Boston Hackfest

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
10 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Some guests for Boston Hackfest

Máirín Duffy
Hi,

I spoke to Matthias Clasen from the upstream GTK+ project and he has
kindly offered to attend the hackfest for a day or two. If there are
specific days you think his input would be most valuable, I can pass
that on to him.

Bill Sanford from our Desktop QA team is, among many other things,
responsible for testing Inkscape for our desktop product. He is also
interested in attending, and if you have specific questions or things
you'd like to hear from him, please let me know.

Cheers,
~m

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
engaging tech sites, Slashdot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
_______________________________________________
Inkscape-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/inkscape-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Some guests for Boston Hackfest

Martin Owens-2
Hi Máirín,

Thank you so much for getting them involved. It's really useful for us
I think to have a bit of Gtk access as we try and get a Gtk3 version
cleaned up.

Best Regards, Martin Owens

On Tue, 2018-01-30 at 09:00 -0500, Máirín Duffy wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I spoke to Matthias Clasen from the upstream GTK+ project and he has 
> kindly offered to attend the hackfest for a day or two. If there are 
> specific days you think his input would be most valuable, I can pass 
> that on to him.
>
> Bill Sanford from our Desktop QA team is, among many other things, 
> responsible for testing Inkscape for our desktop product. He is also 
> interested in attending, and if you have specific questions or
> things 
> you'd like to hear from him, please let me know.
>
> Cheers,
> ~m
>
> -------------------------------------------------------------------
> -----------
> Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
> engaging tech sites, Slashdot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
> _______________________________________________
> Inkscape-devel mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/inkscape-devel

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
engaging tech sites, Slashdot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
_______________________________________________
Inkscape-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/inkscape-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Some guests for Boston Hackfest

Máirín Duffy
Hi Martin,

Sure my pleasure. If there are any other Red Hatters you may have in mind who could be helpful, I am happy to reach out, just let me know.

~m

On 01/30/2018 02:10 PM, Martin Owens wrote:

> Hi Máirín,
>
> Thank you so much for getting them involved. It's really useful for us
> I think to have a bit of Gtk access as we try and get a Gtk3 version
> cleaned up.
>
> Best Regards, Martin Owens
>
> On Tue, 2018-01-30 at 09:00 -0500, Máirín Duffy wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I spoke to Matthias Clasen from the upstream GTK+ project and he has
> > kindly offered to attend the hackfest for a day or two. If there are
> > specific days you think his input would be most valuable, I can pass
> > that on to him.
> >
> > Bill Sanford from our Desktop QA team is, among many other things,
> > responsible for testing Inkscape for our desktop product. He is also
> > interested in attending, and if you have specific questions or
> > things
> > you'd like to hear from him, please let me know.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > ~m
> >
> > -------------------------------------------------------------------
> > -----------
> > Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
> > engaging tech sites, Slashdot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
> > _______________________________________________
> > Inkscape-devel mailing list
> > [hidden email]
> > https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/inkscape-devel


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
engaging tech sites, Slashdot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
_______________________________________________
Inkscape-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/inkscape-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Some guests for Boston Hackfest

Martin Owens-2
On Tue, 2018-01-30 at 14:40 -0500, Máirín Duffy wrote:
> Hi Martin,
>
> Sure my pleasure. If there are any other Red Hatters you may have in
> mind who could be helpful, I am happy to reach out, just let me know.

Not sure if RedHat has any fund raising and Free Software economics
experts ;-) we sure could do with a few of those.

Best Regards, Martin Owens

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
engaging tech sites, Slashdot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
_______________________________________________
Inkscape-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/inkscape-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Some guests for Boston Hackfest

Máirín Duffy
We do have some folks who think about project sustainability and that sort of thing. :) I will ask around.

Cheers,
~m

On 01/30/2018 03:30 PM, Martin Owens wrote:

> On Tue, 2018-01-30 at 14:40 -0500, Máirín Duffy wrote:
> > Hi Martin,
> >
> > Sure my pleasure. If there are any other Red Hatters you may have in
> > mind who could be helpful, I am happy to reach out, just let me know.
>
> Not sure if RedHat has any fund raising and Free Software economics
> experts ;-) we sure could do with a few of those.
>
> Best Regards, Martin Owens
>


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
engaging tech sites, Slashdot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
_______________________________________________
Inkscape-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/inkscape-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Some guests for Boston Hackfest

Bryce Harrington-3
In reply to this post by Máirín Duffy
On Tue, Jan 30, 2018 at 09:00:05AM -0500, Máirín Duffy wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I spoke to Matthias Clasen from the upstream GTK+ project and he has kindly
> offered to attend the hackfest for a day or two. If there are specific days
> you think his input would be most valuable, I can pass that on to him.
>
> Bill Sanford from our Desktop QA team is, among many other things,
> responsible for testing Inkscape for our desktop product. He is also
> interested in attending, and if you have specific questions or things you'd
> like to hear from him, please let me know.

Stabilization of the codebase is a big focus, as we're working towards
that both in the short term (0.92.3 bugfix release), mid-term (0.93 Gtk3
stabilization), and longer term (1.0.0).  So, feedback relating to
improving the stability of the codebase would be very valuable right
now.  The project is (as always) short on manpower, so knowing more
about QA or bugfixing resources that we could tap would also be
extremely useful.

Bryce


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
engaging tech sites, Slashdot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
_______________________________________________
Inkscape-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/inkscape-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Some guests for Boston Hackfest

Tavmjong Bah
In reply to this post by Máirín Duffy

Hi Máirín,

On Tue, 2018-01-30 at 09:00 -0500, Máirín Duffy wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I spoke to Matthias Clasen from the upstream GTK+ project and he has
> kindly offered to attend the hackfest for a day or two. If there are
> specific days you think his input would be most valuable, I can pass
> that on to him.

This would be great!

I have a list of GTK issues at:

http://wiki.inkscape.org/wiki/index.php/GTK%2B_3_issues#Items_for_discu
ssion_with_GTK_Experts

> Bill Sanford from our Desktop QA team is, among many other things,
> responsible for testing Inkscape for our desktop product. He is also
> interested in attending, and if you have specific questions or
> things
> you'd like to hear from him, please let me know.

No specific questions yet ... but would love to get feedback and
advice.

Thanks,

Tav


> Cheers,
> ~m
>
> -------------------------------------------------------------------
> -----------
> Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
> engaging tech sites, Slashdot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
> _______________________________________________
> Inkscape-devel mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/inkscape-devel

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
engaging tech sites, Slashdot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
_______________________________________________
Inkscape-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/inkscape-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Some guests for Boston Hackfest

Máirín Duffy
Hi Tav & all,

I will pass the list of GTK questions to Matthias.

One of our technical writers, Melissa, has also expressed an interest in attending and is wondering if you have any tasks for technical writers to work on during the event?

Cheers,
~m

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
engaging tech sites, Slashdot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
_______________________________________________
Inkscape-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/inkscape-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Some guests for Boston Hackfest

Bryce Harrington-3
On Tue, Feb 06, 2018 at 07:10:35AM -0500, Máirín Duffy wrote:
> Hi Tav & all,
>
> I will pass the list of GTK questions to Matthias.
>
> One of our technical writers, Melissa, has also expressed an interest in attending and is wondering if you have any tasks for technical writers to work on during the event?
>

Hi Máirín,

I can definitely help flag lots of technical writing tasks we could use
help with - the trick will be boiling it down to something useful to us
and interesting for Melissa.  I will work on adding ideas to our
Projects page that technical writers could pick from.

Thanks,
Bryce

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
engaging tech sites, Slashdot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
_______________________________________________
Inkscape-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/inkscape-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Some guests for Boston Hackfest

Máirín Duffy


On 02/18/2018 01:48 PM, Bryce Harrington wrote:
> I can definitely help flag lots of technical writing tasks we could use
> help with - the trick will be boiling it down to something useful to us
> and interesting for Melissa. I will work on adding ideas to our
> Projects page that technical writers could pick from.
Awesome, thanks Bryce!

~m

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
engaging tech sites, Slashdot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
_______________________________________________
Inkscape-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/inkscape-devel