Sticker drama

C R
Okay, so I made the mistake of paying a sticker printing company
before I got a proof.
I did this because usually printers are trustworthy enough to A) give
a good proof, B) Accept changes needed, or C) refund if they can't (or
in this case, just won't) do what you want). I'm sorry to say that
discountsticekrprinting.co.uk can't handle any of these things.

So I've learned a valuable lesson - never pay before proof.

Since I can't seem to get my money back from them due to their
customer-hostile purchase agreement, I'm going to have to get
substantially larger stickers from them to compensate for their
incompetence. - Something that will not look silly with a 3mm gap
shoe-horned into the space around the graphic on the sticker.

My questions are these:
1. How big would you like to see?
2. How big is useful or tolerable? :)
3. How big is "way too big"

The choices are: 60mm, 80mm, 100mm

Part of me wants to go like HUGE (100mm), because maybe we could sell
them for a few bucks each to recoup sticker costs - maybe people would
like to slap one on a CPU case or a skateboard or bumper of a car or
something.

I'm going with some other company for the 40mm silver stickers, since
they look absolutely silly with an enforced 3mm gap around the edge -
None of the other companies I've gotten quotes from are willing to
inflict that nonsense on their customers.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Re: Sticker drama

Martin Owens-2
Sorry to hear that CR!

Go for the large ones. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help
with the funding.

Martin,

On Wed, 2018-01-24 at 07:48 +0000, C R wrote:

> Okay, so I made the mistake of paying a sticker printing company
> before I got a proof.
> I did this because usually printers are trustworthy enough to A) give
> a good proof, B) Accept changes needed, or C) refund if they can't
> (or
> in this case, just won't) do what you want). I'm sorry to say that
> discountsticekrprinting.co.uk can't handle any of these things.
>
> So I've learned a valuable lesson - never pay before proof.
>
> Since I can't seem to get my money back from them due to their
> customer-hostile purchase agreement, I'm going to have to get
> substantially larger stickers from them to compensate for their
> incompetence. - Something that will not look silly with a 3mm gap
> shoe-horned into the space around the graphic on the sticker.
>
> My questions are these:
> 1. How big would you like to see?
> 2. How big is useful or tolerable? :)
> 3. How big is "way too big"
>
> The choices are: 60mm, 80mm, 100mm
>
> Part of me wants to go like HUGE (100mm), because maybe we could sell
> them for a few bucks each to recoup sticker costs - maybe people
> would
> like to slap one on a CPU case or a skateboard or bumper of a car or
> something.
>
> I'm going with some other company for the 40mm silver stickers, since
> they look absolutely silly with an enforced 3mm gap around the edge -
> None of the other companies I've gotten quotes from are willing to
> inflict that nonsense on their customers.
>
> Any thoughts?
>
> Thanks.
> -C

Re: Sticker drama

C R
Actually, I'm reporting them to the UK govt for consumer rights violations.
They were kind enough to link me to the rules they were supposed to
follow, but didn't even read, and cite that "I agreed to these when I
made the purchase". XD
That and the ensuing hilarious email thread will absolutely burry them.

I want to make sure no one else falls into this client-hostile trap of theirs.
I'll get a full refund regardless of if they want to fork it over. I
don't know what kind of other trouble they will get into, but
"unlimited fines" popped right out at me in the 30 or so seconds it
took to read that page. :)

I mean, it takes so little to just do the right thing for a customer.
If you can't (or won't) help them, just refund them. Simple right?

Having 1k 40mm inkscape foil stickers done through another (competent) company.
The total will be around 81 pounds if anyone wants to chip in to help
cover the cost.

-C

On Wed, Jan 24, 2018 at 3:56 PM, Martin Owens <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Sorry to hear that CR!
>
> Go for the large ones. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help
> with the funding.
>
> Martin,
>
> On Wed, 2018-01-24 at 07:48 +0000, C R wrote:
>> Okay, so I made the mistake of paying a sticker printing company
>> before I got a proof.
>> I did this because usually printers are trustworthy enough to A) give
>> a good proof, B) Accept changes needed, or C) refund if they can't
>> (or
>> in this case, just won't) do what you want). I'm sorry to say that
>> discountsticekrprinting.co.uk can't handle any of these things.
>>
>> So I've learned a valuable lesson - never pay before proof.
>>
>> Since I can't seem to get my money back from them due to their
>> customer-hostile purchase agreement, I'm going to have to get
>> substantially larger stickers from them to compensate for their
>> incompetence. - Something that will not look silly with a 3mm gap
>> shoe-horned into the space around the graphic on the sticker.
>>
>> My questions are these:
>> 1. How big would you like to see?
>> 2. How big is useful or tolerable? :)
>> 3. How big is "way too big"
>>
>> The choices are: 60mm, 80mm, 100mm
>>
>> Part of me wants to go like HUGE (100mm), because maybe we could sell
>> them for a few bucks each to recoup sticker costs - maybe people
>> would
>> like to slap one on a CPU case or a skateboard or bumper of a car or
>> something.
>>
>> I'm going with some other company for the 40mm silver stickers, since
>> they look absolutely silly with an enforced 3mm gap around the edge -
>> None of the other companies I've gotten quotes from are willing to
>> inflict that nonsense on their customers.
>>
>> Any thoughts?
>>
>> Thanks.
>> -C

Re: Sticker drama

Joshua Joseph García
Why not to have a store section on the webpage where the people can buy good merchandising like stickers, t-shirts, mugs, mousepad, huts, bags, etc; with the dynamic of credits for the design of the product. (sorry for my english, but i am working on it). Regrds from Perú.

Actually, I'm reporting them to the UK govt for consumer rights violations.
They were kind enough to link me to the rules they were supposed to
follow, but didn't even read, and cite that "I agreed to these when I
made the purchase". XD
That and the ensuing hilarious email thread will absolutely burry them.

I want to make sure no one else falls into this client-hostile trap of theirs.
I'll get a full refund regardless of if they want to fork it over. I
don't know what kind of other trouble they will get into, but
"unlimited fines" popped right out at me in the 30 or so seconds it
took to read that page. :)

I mean, it takes so little to just do the right thing for a customer.
If you can't (or won't) help them, just refund them. Simple right?

Having 1k 40mm inkscape foil stickers done through another (competent) company.
The total will be around 81 pounds if anyone wants to chip in to help
cover the cost.

-C

On Wed, Jan 24, 2018 at 3:56 PM, Martin Owens <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Sorry to hear that CR!
>
> Go for the large ones. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help
> with the funding.
>
> Martin,
>
> On Wed, 2018-01-24 at 07:48 +0000, C R wrote:
>> Okay, so I made the mistake of paying a sticker printing company
>> before I got a proof.
>> I did this because usually printers are trustworthy enough to A) give
>> a good proof, B) Accept changes needed, or C) refund if they can't
>> (or
>> in this case, just won't) do what you want). I'm sorry to say that
>> discountsticekrprinting.co.uk can't handle any of these things.
>>
>> So I've learned a valuable lesson - never pay before proof.
>>
>> Since I can't seem to get my money back from them due to their
>> customer-hostile purchase agreement, I'm going to have to get
>> substantially larger stickers from them to compensate for their
>> incompetence. - Something that will not look silly with a 3mm gap
>> shoe-horned into the space around the graphic on the sticker.
>>
>> My questions are these:
>> 1. How big would you like to see?
>> 2. How big is useful or tolerable? :)
>> 3. How big is "way too big"
>>
>> The choices are: 60mm, 80mm, 100mm
>>
>> Part of me wants to go like HUGE (100mm), because maybe we could sell
>> them for a few bucks each to recoup sticker costs - maybe people
>> would
>> like to slap one on a CPU case or a skateboard or bumper of a car or
>> something.
>>
>> I'm going with some other company for the 40mm silver stickers, since
>> they look absolutely silly with an enforced 3mm gap around the edge -
>> None of the other companies I've gotten quotes from are willing to
>> inflict that nonsense on their customers.
>>
>> Any thoughts?
>>
>> Thanks.
>> -C

Re: Sticker drama

To anyone interested, I've received a full refund through PayPal,
after calling them up and explaining the situation.
Really glad I used Paypal for this transaction, as the alternative is
filling out paperwork with my bank. Now I just have to file complaints
with trading standards to ensure they can't pull this crap on anyone
else again. Thanks for your support, and PM sympathies. :)

-C