Stickers are here! ... now what?

C R
The stickers arrived today. They are of acceptable quality, but I think 300dpi is a little low quality for stickers this small. Also I think the cutting machine had some ink residue, because the border of stickers are a bit dirty on the cut.

So, who wants/needs stickers? I have a request for a sheet of the coffee and sheet of the ice cream already. Did we have any solid plans for these yet? See attached for samples.

DSC00549.JPG (908K) Download Attachment

Re: Stickers are here! ... now what?

Martin Owens-2
No plans, as such. But I'd love it if people want to organise events
with some stickers to promote them.

Also I'd post this to the inkscape-users mailing list. Developers might
be too busy coding to really hold down a table at a conference or
something similar.

Best Regards, Martin Owens

On Wed, 2017-07-05 at 19:10 +0200, C R wrote:

> The stickers arrived today. They are of acceptable quality, but I
> think 300dpi is a little low quality for stickers this small. Also I
> think the cutting machine had some ink residue, because the border of
> stickers are a bit dirty on the cut.
>
> So, who wants/needs stickers? I have a request for a sheet of the
> coffee and sheet of the ice cream already. Did we have any solid
> plans for these yet? See attached for samples.

Re: Stickers are here! ... now what?

Jabier Arraiza
I think we cand also send some to donnors.

On Fri, 2017-07-07 at 21:41 -0400, Martin Owens wrote:

> No plans, as such. But I'd love it if people want to organise events
> with some stickers to promote them.
>
> Also I'd post this to the inkscape-users mailing list. Developers
> might
> be too busy coding to really hold down a table at a conference or
> something similar.
>
> Best Regards, Martin Owens
>
> On Wed, 2017-07-05 at 19:10 +0200, C R wrote:
> > The stickers arrived today. They are of acceptable quality, but I
> > think 300dpi is a little low quality for stickers this small. Also
> > think the cutting machine had some ink residue, because the border
> > of
> > stickers are a bit dirty on the cut.
> >
> > So, who wants/needs stickers? I have a request for a sheet of the
> > coffee and sheet of the ice cream already. Did we have any solid
> > plans for these yet? See attached for samples.

Re: Stickers are here! ... now what?

Jabier Arraiza
Hi all again.

Inkscape pay the production of the stikers?

Also forguet say looks great!

Cheers, Jabier.

On Tue, 2017-07-11 at 00:29 +0200, Jabier Arraiza wrote:

> I think we cand also send some to donnors.
>
> On Fri, 2017-07-07 at 21:41 -0400, Martin Owens wrote:
> > No plans, as such. But I'd love it if people want to organise
> > events
> > with some stickers to promote them.
> >
> > Also I'd post this to the inkscape-users mailing list. Developers
> > might
> > be too busy coding to really hold down a table at a conference or
> > something similar.
> >
> > Best Regards, Martin Owens
> >
> > On Wed, 2017-07-05 at 19:10 +0200, C R wrote:
> > > The stickers arrived today. They are of acceptable quality, but I
> > > think 300dpi is a little low quality for stickers this small.
> > > Also
> > > think the cutting machine had some ink residue, because the
> > > border
> > > of
> > > stickers are a bit dirty on the cut.
> > >
> > > So, who wants/needs stickers? I have a request for a sheet of the
> > > coffee and sheet of the ice cream already. Did we have any solid
> > > plans for these yet? See attached for samples.

Re: Stickers are here! ... now what?

I don't get around much....well, at all, among people offline who might be
interested in Inkscape.  All my connections are online.  But I'd be glad to
display on my forums, if the license permits.

Will they be availalbe for sale?

All best

Re: Stickers are here! ... now what?

C R
I'd like to sell them, though I think the print resolution could be a
bit better for stickers of this size. I may go for slightly larger
ones with 600dpi print resolution, since no doubt people will want to
enjoy them up-close.

There are several ways we could sell them:

1. Individually: £2 each for fundraising, Richard Stallman style. :D
2. As an incentive/reward for donating above a certain amount on Kickstarter.

I'm happy to provide stickers at cost to folks in the project and the
new Vectors Team to sell, or give away as part of outreach.
I'll solidify some ideas this weekend after I help Alex with some GIMP UI stuff.

As far as license, I'm not sure yet. the stickers that are not made
from my own artwork, we can contact the original artists about to see
what they would prefer.
For the ones featuring my artwork, I'm researching the license that
would be best for fundraising efforts, as that's what I've made them
for.

I'm also happy to provide limited quantities for people in the project
for free - I'll be sending stickers out to those who have requested
them this week.

More on it soon.

-C

On Tue, 2017-07-11 at 08:25 +0100, C R wrote:
> we can contact the original artists about to see
> what they would prefer.

The original artists were contacted already and the artwork is already
CC-BY-SA since they came from the about screen contest.

No problems there, share away.