Survey: Default "style" for inkscape

Jabier Arraiza
A little survey:

¿You want default inkscape launch by default like Gimp do now? (black
theme and symbolic icons)

https://gitlab.com/inkscape/inkscape/merge_requests/294#note_90217954

Thanks in advance for vote.

Re: Survey: Default "style" for inkscape

Vladimir Savic-3
I say yes. If we are going to make FLOSS graphics suite then is this the right way.

Regards,
Vlada

P.S. I've tried your branch and I like it a lot. The only thing I can't figure out is why there is a "Now" button to apply theme proceeded with a label. Doesn't look like a good design decision to me. Wouldn't it be better to just have one button that says "Apply Theme", if it isn't possible to make changes on-the-fly when choosing an item from dropdowns or checkboxes.

On Wed, Jul 25, 2018 at 11:38 AM Jabier Arraiza <[hidden email]> wrote:
A little survey:

¿You want default inkscape launch by default like Gimp do now? (black
theme and symbolic icons)

https://gitlab.com/inkscape/inkscape/merge_requests/294#note_90217954

Thanks in advance for vote.------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Re: Survey: Default "style" for inkscape

Maren Hachmann
Am 25.07.2018 um 13:20 schrieb Vladimir Savic:

> I say yes. If we are going to make FLOSS graphics suite then is this the
> right way.
>
> Regards,
> Vlada
>
> P.S. I've tried your branch and I like it a lot. The only thing I can't
> figure out is why there is a "Now" button to apply theme proceeded with
> a label. Doesn't look like a good design decision to me. Wouldn't it be
> better to just have one button that says "Apply Theme", if it isn't
> possible to make changes on-the-fly when choosing an item from dropdowns
> or checkboxes.

- I agree with this! It doesn't need the text in front of the button,
just the button.

Maren

> On Wed, Jul 25, 2018 at 11:38 AM Jabier Arraiza
>
>     A little survey:
>
>     ¿You want default inkscape launch by default like Gimp do now? (black
>     theme and symbolic icons)
>
>     https://gitlab.com/inkscape/inkscape/merge_requests/294#note_90217954
>
>     Thanks in advance for
>     vote.------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>     engaging tech sites, Slashdot.org!
>     http://sdm.link/slashdot_______________________________________________
>     Inkscape-devel mailing list
>     [hidden email]
>     <mailto:[hidden email]>
>     https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/inkscape-devel

Re: Survey: Default "style" for inkscape

Marién Soria
The Vladimir aproach is excelent! We can create an open source creative suite by sharing some interfaces aspects.
Love it!

El mié., 25 de jul. de 2018 a la(s) 10:48, Maren Hachmann ([hidden email]) escribió:
Am 25.07.2018 um 13:20 schrieb Vladimir Savic:
> I say yes. If we are going to make FLOSS graphics suite then is this the
> right way.
>
> Regards,
> Vlada
>
> P.S. I've tried your branch and I like it a lot. The only thing I can't
> figure out is why there is a "Now" button to apply theme proceeded with
> a label. Doesn't look like a good design decision to me. Wouldn't it be
> better to just have one button that says "Apply Theme", if it isn't
> possible to make changes on-the-fly when choosing an item from dropdowns
> or checkboxes.

- I agree with this! It doesn't need the text in front of the button,
just the button.

Maren

> On Wed, Jul 25, 2018 at 11:38 AM Jabier Arraiza
>
>     A little survey:
>
>     ¿You want default inkscape launch by default like Gimp do now? (black
>     theme and symbolic icons)
>
>     https://gitlab.com/inkscape/inkscape/merge_requests/294#note_90217954
>
>     Thanks in advance for
>     vote.------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>     Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
>     engaging tech sites, Slashdot.org!
>     http://sdm.link/slashdot_______________________________________________
>     Inkscape-devel mailing list
>     [hidden email]
>     <mailto:[hidden email]>
>     https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/inkscape-devel

Re: Survey: Default "style" for inkscape

Victor Westmann
If we can choose from colored theme, dark one, light one then I vote +1 for this. Super happy this is slowly becoming a reality in our project. Thanks for this! :)

On Wed, Jul 25, 2018, 7:02 AM Marién Soria, <[hidden email]> wrote:
The Vladimir aproach is excelent! We can create an open source creative suite by sharing some interfaces aspects.
Love it!

El mié., 25 de jul. de 2018 a la(s) 10:48, Maren Hachmann ([hidden email]) escribió:
Am 25.07.2018 um 13:20 schrieb Vladimir Savic:
> I say yes. If we are going to make FLOSS graphics suite then is this the
> right way.
>
> Regards,
> Vlada
>
> P.S. I've tried your branch and I like it a lot. The only thing I can't
> figure out is why there is a "Now" button to apply theme proceeded with
> a label. Doesn't look like a good design decision to me. Wouldn't it be
> better to just have one button that says "Apply Theme", if it isn't
> possible to make changes on-the-fly when choosing an item from dropdowns
> or checkboxes.

- I agree with this! It doesn't need the text in front of the button,
just the button.

Maren

> On Wed, Jul 25, 2018 at 11:38 AM Jabier Arraiza
>
>     A little survey:
>
>     ¿You want default inkscape launch by default like Gimp do now? (black
>     theme and symbolic icons)
>
>     https://gitlab.com/inkscape/inkscape/merge_requests/294#note_90217954
>
>     Thanks in advance for
>     vote.------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>     Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
>     engaging tech sites, Slashdot.org!
>     http://sdm.link/slashdot_______________________________________________
>     Inkscape-devel mailing list
>     [hidden email]
>     <mailto:[hidden email]>
>     https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/inkscape-devel

Re: Survey: Default "style" for inkscape

C R
I vote yes too. Nice work!

On Wed, 25 Jul 2018, 16:32 Victor Westmann, <[hidden email]> wrote:
If we can choose from colored theme, dark one, light one then I vote +1 for this. Super happy this is slowly becoming a reality in our project. Thanks for this! :)

On Wed, Jul 25, 2018, 7:02 AM Marién Soria, <[hidden email]> wrote:
The Vladimir aproach is excelent! We can create an open source creative suite by sharing some interfaces aspects.
Love it!

El mié., 25 de jul. de 2018 a la(s) 10:48, Maren Hachmann ([hidden email]) escribió:
Am 25.07.2018 um 13:20 schrieb Vladimir Savic:
> I say yes. If we are going to make FLOSS graphics suite then is this the
> right way.
>
> Regards,
> Vlada
>
> P.S. I've tried your branch and I like it a lot. The only thing I can't
> figure out is why there is a "Now" button to apply theme proceeded with
> a label. Doesn't look like a good design decision to me. Wouldn't it be
> better to just have one button that says "Apply Theme", if it isn't
> possible to make changes on-the-fly when choosing an item from dropdowns
> or checkboxes.

- I agree with this! It doesn't need the text in front of the button,
just the button.

Maren

> On Wed, Jul 25, 2018 at 11:38 AM Jabier Arraiza
>
>     A little survey:
>
>     ¿You want default inkscape launch by default like Gimp do now? (black
>     theme and symbolic icons)
>
>     https://gitlab.com/inkscape/inkscape/merge_requests/294#note_90217954
>
>     Thanks in advance for
>     vote.------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>     Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
>     engaging tech sites, Slashdot.org!
>     Inkscape-devel mailing list
>     [hidden email]
>     <mailto:[hidden email]>
>     https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/inkscape-devel

Re: Survey: Default "style" for inkscape

Jabier Arraiza
Thanks all for the feedback!