Symbolic icons

Jabier Arraiza
Hi all, the branch to allow put symbolic icons trought inkscape
preferences is merged on trunk.

We have currently 2 iconset "hicolor" and "Tango" also "hicolor" has a
symbolic icon set inside.

This symbolic icons are cool but some people dislike use symolic icons
so my question is:

¿Anyone is interested in make a new theme recoloring the symbolic icon
set?

Maybe can be a multi, duo or tri tone recolor.

Please recolor it in text editor with a inkscape instance to check the
style properties fit you color.

Also we can do 2 sets one focus in dark theme and other in clear one. I
think we can use a external defs svg file to handle the colors, so it
can be forked editing one file.

We can also make a system wide same theme from "hicolor system icons"

Re: Symbolic icons

Victor Westmann
Hi,

When you say:
"Make new theme revolting the symbolic icon set" means doing all icons from scratch?

I am interested but I am not sure I can do this alone in time for the 0.92.4 release.

Could you please expand on your explanation?

On Thu, Jul 26, 2018, 2:57 AM Jabier Arraiza, <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

No hurry! I want for 1.0 release :)

The mean is get the symbolic icons from inkscape trunk and modify to
get colored ones, coloring parts with a text editor.

Regards, Jabier.

On Thu, 2018-07-26 at 12:15 -0700, Victor Westmann wrote:

> Hi,
>
> When you say:
> "Make new theme revolting the symbolic icon set" means doing all
> icons from scratch?
>
> I am interested but I am not sure I can do this alone in time for the
> 0.92.4 release.
>
> Could you please expand on your explanation?
>
> On Thu, Jul 26, 2018, 2:57 AM Jabier Arraiza, <jabier.arraiza@marker.
> es> wrote:
> > Hi all, the branch to allow put symbolic icons trought inkscape
> > preferences is merged on trunk.
> >
> > We have currently 2 iconset "hicolor" and "Tango" also "hicolor"
> > has a
> > symbolic icon set inside.
> >
> > This symbolic icons are cool but some people dislike use symolic
> > icons
> > so my question is:
> >
> > ¿Anyone is interested in make a new theme recoloring the symbolic
> > icon
> > set?
> >
> > Maybe can be a multi, duo or tri tone recolor.
> >
> > Please recolor it in text editor with a inkscape instance to check
> > the
> > style properties fit you color.
> >
> > Also we can do 2 sets one focus in dark theme and other in clear
> > one. I
> > think we can use a external defs svg file to handle the colors, so
> > it
> > can be forked editing one file.
> >
> > We can also make a system wide same theme from "hicolor system
> > icons"-------------------------------------------------------------

Re: Symbolic icons

Victor Westmann
Oh! With a text editor? So this would mean we would need to edit the colors of SVG files?

On Thu, Jul 26, 2018, 4:42 PM Jabier Arraiza, <[hidden email]> wrote:
No hurry! I want for 1.0 release :)

The mean is get the symbolic icons from inkscape trunk and modify to
get colored ones, coloring parts with a text editor.

Regards, Jabier.

On Thu, 2018-07-26 at 12:15 -0700, Victor Westmann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> When you say:
> "Make new theme revolting the symbolic icon set" means doing all
> icons from scratch?
>
> I am interested but I am not sure I can do this alone in time for the
> 0.92.4 release.
>
> Could you please expand on your explanation?
>
> On Thu, Jul 26, 2018, 2:57 AM Jabier Arraiza, <jabier.arraiza@marker.
> es> wrote:
> > Hi all, the branch to allow put symbolic icons trought inkscape
> > preferences is merged on trunk.
> >
> > We have currently 2 iconset "hicolor" and "Tango" also "hicolor"
> > has a
> > symbolic icon set inside.
> >
> > This symbolic icons are cool but some people dislike use symolic
> > icons
> > so my question is:
> >
> > ¿Anyone is interested in make a new theme recoloring the symbolic
> > icon
> > set?
> >
> > Maybe can be a multi, duo or tri tone recolor.
> >
> > Please recolor it in text editor with a inkscape instance to check
> > the
> > style properties fit you color.
> >
> > Also we can do 2 sets one focus in dark theme and other in clear
> > one. I
> > think we can use a external defs svg file to handle the colors, so
> > it
> > can be forked editing one file.
> >
> > We can also make a system wide same theme from "hicolor system
> > icons"-------------------------------------------------------------

Re: Symbolic icons

Jabier Arraiza
You can do with inkscape and coping the relevant values from style tag
to yout text editor. they are files with 8 or 10 elements max.

wrote:

> No hurry! I want for 1.0 release :)
>
> The mean is get the symbolic icons from inkscape trunk and modify to
> get colored ones, coloring parts with a text editor.
>
> Regards, Jabier.
>

> On Thu, 2018-07-26 at 12:15 -0700, Victor Westmann wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > When you say:
> > "Make new theme revolting the symbolic icon set" means doing all
> > icons from scratch?
> >
> > I am interested but I am not sure I can do this alone in time for
> > the
> > 0.92.4 release.
> >
> > Could you please expand on your explanation?
> >
> > On Thu, Jul 26, 2018, 2:57 AM Jabier Arraiza, <jabier.arraiza@marke
> > r.
> > es> wrote:
> > > Hi all, the branch to allow put symbolic icons trought inkscape
> > > preferences is merged on trunk.
> > >
> > > We have currently 2 iconset "hicolor" and "Tango" also "hicolor"
> > > has a
> > > symbolic icon set inside.
> > >
> > > This symbolic icons are cool but some people dislike use symolic
> > > icons
> > > so my question is:
> > >
> > > ¿Anyone is interested in make a new theme recoloring the symbolic
> > > icon
> > > set?
> > >
> > > Maybe can be a multi, duo or tri tone recolor.
> > >
> > > Please recolor it in text editor with a inkscape instance to
> > > check
> > > the
> > > style properties fit you color.
> > >
> > > Also we can do 2 sets one focus in dark theme and other in clear
> > > one. I
> > > think we can use a external defs svg file to handle the colors,
> > > so
> > > it
> > > can be forked editing one file.
> > >
> > > We can also make a system wide same theme from "hicolor system
> > > icons"-----------------------------------------------------------

Re: Symbolic icons

Victor Westmann
I am willing to help but I will need at least one demonstration on how to do this with at least one icon so I know how to do with the others.

We can meet in the weekend or maybe there is some video or written material I can follow? :)

Thank you for making this a reality (themes).

wrote:

> No hurry! I want for 1.0 release :)
>
> The mean is get the symbolic icons from inkscape trunk and modify to
> get colored ones, coloring parts with a text editor.
>
> Regards, Jabier.
>

> On Thu, 2018-07-26 at 12:15 -0700, Victor Westmann wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > When you say:
> > "Make new theme revolting the symbolic icon set" means doing all
> > icons from scratch?
> >
> > I am interested but I am not sure I can do this alone in time for
> > the
> > 0.92.4 release.
> >
> > Could you please expand on your explanation?
> >
> > On Thu, Jul 26, 2018, 2:57 AM Jabier Arraiza, <jabier.arraiza@marke
> > r.
> > es> wrote:
> > > Hi all, the branch to allow put symbolic icons trought inkscape
> > > preferences is merged on trunk.
> > >
> > > We have currently 2 iconset "hicolor" and "Tango" also "hicolor"
> > > has a
> > > symbolic icon set inside.
> > >
> > > This symbolic icons are cool but some people dislike use symolic
> > > icons
> > > so my question is:
> > >
> > > ¿Anyone is interested in make a new theme recoloring the symbolic
> > > icon
> > > set?
> > >
> > > Maybe can be a multi, duo or tri tone recolor.
> > >
> > > Please recolor it in text editor with a inkscape instance to
> > > check
> > > the
> > > style properties fit you color.
> > >
> > > Also we can do 2 sets one focus in dark theme and other in clear
> > > one. I
> > > think we can use a external defs svg file to handle the colors,
> > > so
> > > it
> > > can be forked editing one file.
> > >
> > > We can also make a system wide same theme from "hicolor system

Re: Symbolic icons

Victor Westmann
I will definitely need your help as well.

I think we have time. I believe (totally guessing here) that the 1.0 version will take at least one more year to be released so we got some time. :)