Text extensions

Inkscape - User mailing list
I'm relatively basic Inkscape user trying to learn some new functions.  There are two extensions for text that I can't figure out at all:  Extract and Merge.  I haven't been able to find any directions.  Can anyone tell me what these do or where to find information?

Thanks!

Re: Text extensions

Maren Hachmann
Couldn't find any instructions, either.

Extract:
- select multiple text elements
- in the extension dialog, select how they are ordered on the page (top
to bottom, right to left, etc.)
- apply extension
- get a pop-up with all text blocks summed up into one copy-able text

Probably most useful for imported pdfs with broken-up texts.

Merge:

- select multiple text elements
- select how they are ordered in the document
- apply extension
- get a new text element that optionally preserves the old elements' style

Found two bugs:

- extract: cannot deal with non-ASCII (e.g. ö, ä, ü, é)
- merge: font becomes huge when taken from a flowed text

Maren

Am 05.01.19 um 21:59 schrieb Hildegard Bingen via Inkscape-user:

> I'm relatively basic Inkscape user trying to learn some new functions.
> There are two extensions for text that I can't figure out at all:
> Extract and Merge.  I haven't been able to find any directions.  Can
> anyone tell me what these do or where to find information?
>
> Thanks!

Re: Text extensions

Inkscape - User mailing list
Hey, thanks a bunch, Maren.  I'll try these out.