Quantcast

Thanks!

Ravindrasingh A. Patil
Thanks Jurgen for quick response. I resolved the problem by installing fresh, the latest version and got the problem solved.
btw, I use Windows 7 and Inkscape version 0.48. don't know further.
Now I want to know how can I get updates? Is there any provision to get automatic updates? Please let me know
Friendly regards...
Ravindrasingh

Re: Thanks!

alvinpenner
you can find the exact release version by going to the menu item Help->About Inkscape. The latest stable release is
Inkscape 0.48.4 r9939 (Dec 17 2012)

you can get more recent development builds from:
http://www.oss-marketplace.com/index.php/downloads-mainmenu-63/Inkscape/Entwicklerversionen/
or
https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=09706d11303fa52a&id=9706D11303FA52A%21217

hth,
Alvin Penner

Re: Thanks!

Jurgen Gaeremyn
Hi Ravindrashingh,

as a Linux (Ubuntu) user, I don't suffer this problem - I just have the
Inkscape PPA installed, and the latest version of Inkscape appears
alongside all the other updates in Inkscape. This is one of the great
advantages of the Linux operating system.

As this list isn't on Linux advocacy, I won't elaborate any further. If
you're stuck to Windows, you could consider running Ubuntu in a virtual
machine (it's like using a cannon for swatting a mosquito, but if it's
critical, it's a solution).

As far as I know, there's no automatic updates system in Windows for
Inkscape... maybe someone else might know a solution for this...

Grtz,
Jurgen.