Trunk PPA working - Merry Christmas!

Alex Valavanis-3
Hi All,

Hope everyone's having a nice holiday.

I've fixed the Trunk PPA uploads.  The issue was that since we moved to git, there is no longer a universal sequence number for the commits... in other words, every time we merge a branch, the auto-numbering got screwed up.

The solution (albeit a bit ugly) was to move to time-stamps in the version string, as recommended by the Launchpad documentation [1], rather than using a commit log number.

The version strings for the built package now take the form:

1:0.92.0+devel+{time}

This expands to something like:

inkscape-trunk_1:0.92.0+devel+201712242340~ubuntu17.04.1

So it's a bit messy, but it's still a unique sequential ID.

Best wishes,

AV