[UX] Font sIze and line height

Jabier Arraiza
Hi all. Im getting feedback about how complex is use new UX for font
size and line height. Is very dificult to some users, myself for
example, use and undertand well the new features. So become a cracy war
in each new document.

I have three ideas on mind:

1.- Force in each new document line height units be unitless, as

2.- Double GUI seleced by prefs: First and default mimic previous
inkscape values and positions and the other for advanced users.

I hope not open too much the pandora-box

Cheers, Jabier.

Re: [UX] Font sIze and line height

C R
Force unit-less, with default line-height of 1 please. It defaults to
10 right now, which is a bit absurd. :)

-C

On Mon, Feb 6, 2017 at 10:13 AM, Jabier Arraiza
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all. Im getting feedback about how complex is use new UX for font
> size and line height. Is very dificult to some users, myself for
> example, use and undertand well the new features. So become a cracy war
> in each new document.
>
> I have three ideas on mind:
>
> 1.- Force in each new document line height units be unitless, as
>
> 2.- Double GUI seleced by prefs: First and default mimic previous
> inkscape values and positions and the other for advanced users.
>
> I hope not open too much the pandora-box
>
> Cheers, Jabier.

Re: [UX] Font sIze and line height

> Hi all. Im getting feedback about how complex is use new UX for font
size and line height. Is very dificult to some users, myself for
example, use and undertand well the new features. So become a cracy war
in each new document.

I have three ideas on mind:

1.- Force in each new document line height units be unitless, as

2.- Double GUI seleced by prefs: First and default mimic previous
inkscape values and positions and the other for advanced users.

I hope not open too much the pandora-box

Cheers, Jabier.

Is this new UX for font and line height in the 0.92.1pre1?  I haven't seen it,
but I can grab the 7z version and look.

Did you forget the 3rd idea?  Or you typed "three" when you meant "two"?

Re: [UX] Font sIze and line height

Jabier Arraiza
Hi Brynn!

> Is this new UX for font and line height in the 0.92.1pre1?  I haven't
> seen it,
> but I can grab the 7z version and look.

It included basicaly different position for line height widget and two
new buttons.
Anyway with the recent patch added by Tab the usage is too much
improved.

> Did you forget the 3rd idea?  Or you typed "three" when you meant
> "two"?

Initialy are three and loose change it.

Regards, Jabier.