Ubuntu ppa now with 0.92

Maren Hachmann
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to let you know that Alex Valavanis has updated Inkscape's
stable Ubuntu ppa at
https://launchpad.net/~inkscape.dev/+archive/ubuntu/stable
for the 0.92 release, so you can now install / update to the latest
version on Ubuntu and derivatives via package management.

Instructions about how to add a ppa to your software sources can also be
found on the web page linked from above.

Have fun drawing!

Can't register on inkscape.org/OSX Homebrew

Timothy Anderson
Hey People,

Just wanted to let you guys know that I'm unable to register an account in inkscape.org. the page just refreshes without giving me any prompts as to what's going wrong. Very frustrating.

Also, what's keeping 0.92 from being available on Homebrew? I prefer 'brew significantly over Macports. I would like to help facilitate this, but I need direction.

Thanks!

Tim

On January 10, 2017 2:37:38 PM CST, Maren Hachmann <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to let you know that Alex Valavanis has updated Inkscape's
stable Ubuntu ppa at
https://launchpad.net/~inkscape.dev/+archive/ubuntu/stable
for the 0.92 release, so you can now install / update to the latest
version on Ubuntu and derivatives via package management.

Instructions about how to add a ppa to your software sources can also be
found on the web page linked from above.

Have fun drawing!

Training and support from Colfax.

Re: Can't register on inkscape.org/OSX Homebrew

Maren Hachmann
Hi Timothy,

I've just tried this out myself, and found that it works in
Chromium/Chrome, but not in Firefox, with private browsing window.
The issue is that that deactivates all tracking, and the google captcha
needs that to work.

If you're indeed using Firefox to visit inkscape.org, see also:
https://support.mozilla.org/de/questions/1101845

As for the Homebrew thing, this is because there is nobody currently
packaging for it.
If you would like to help create such a package, I suggest that you send
an email to the developer mailing list and ask for hints or support.
Also, if you want to help with that personally, grab the code from
launchpad, and maybe just try around a bit, so you have a better
impression of what needs to be done.

Kind Regards,
 Maren

Am 11.01.2017 um 00:04 schrieb Timothy Anderson:

> Hey People,
>
> Just wanted to let you guys know that I'm unable to register an account
> in inkscape.org <http://inkscape.org>. the page just refreshes without
> giving me any prompts as to what's going wrong. Very frustrating.
>
> Also, what's keeping 0.92 from being available on Homebrew? I prefer
> 'brew significantly over Macports. I would like to help facilitate this,
> but I need direction.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Tim
>
> On January 10, 2017 2:37:38 PM CST, Maren Hachmann
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>     Hi everyone,
>
>     I just wanted to let you know that Alex Valavanis has updated Inkscape's
>     stable Ubuntu ppa at
>     https://launchpad.net/~inkscape.dev/+archive/ubuntu/stable
>     for the 0.92 release, so you can now install / update to the latest
>     version on Ubuntu and derivatives via package management.
>
>     Instructions about how to add a ppa to your software sources can also be
>     found on the web page linked from above.
>
>     Have fun drawing!
>
>     Regards,
>      Maren

>     Developer Access Program for Intel Xeon Phi Processors
>     Access to Intel Xeon Phi processor-based developer platforms.
>     With one year of Intel Parallel Studio XE.
>     Training and support from Colfax.
>     Order your platform today. http://sdm.link/xeonphi

> Training and support from Colfax.

Re: Can't register on inkscape.org/OSX Homebrew

Maren Hachmann
Additional:
Jabier just posted a link to a video on youtube that describes how to
use Homebrew for installing Inkscape: