Vectors 1.0 Release Meeting

Inkscape - Dev mailing list

Hello All,
I hope you're doing well. The march to 1.0 continues, and we have a Vectors meeting scheduled in a few hours (a week prior to our typical date) to stay ahead of the launch. Thought it sounds like there will be one more Release Candidate published prior to launch, which will push back our May 1st release target, we can still prepare to support the release as soon as it's ready. These are the items in-progress to be discussed in our meeting:

  • Final Release Notes
  • Website Article
  • Release Video
  • Short and Long PR Email
  • Translations

Here is the time: https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20200425T15&p1=

With the added stress many of you are enduring, I'm extra appreciative of the time you can put into Inkscape. I look forward to connecting with those of you who can make it!

Ryan

Re: Vectors 1.0 Release Meeting

Maren Hachmann
Just a heads up:

Please do *not* expect any delays and do *not* adjust your schedule to
that info from below, there is *no* plan to delay the release at the
moment. The discussions Ryan seems to refer to have been decided to the
contrary.

 Maren

Am 25.04.20 um 06:35 schrieb Ryan Gorley via Inkscape-devel:

> Hello All,
> I hope you're doing well. The march to 1.0 continues, and we have a
> Vectors meeting scheduled in a few hours (a week prior to our typical
> date) to stay ahead of the launch. Thought it sounds like there will be
> one more Release Candidate published prior to launch, which will push
> back our May 1st release target, we can still prepare to support the
> release as soon as it's ready. These are the items in-progress to be
> discussed in our meeting:
>
>   * Final Release Notes
>   * Website Article
>   * Release Video
>   * Short and Long PR Email
>   * Translations
>
> Here is the time:
> https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20200425T15&p1=
>
> With the added stress many of you are enduring, I'm extra appreciative
> of the time you can put into Inkscape. I look forward to connecting with
> those of you who can make it!
>
> Ryan

Re: Vectors 1.0 Release Meeting

Inkscape - Dev mailing list
Sorry for the misinformation about a release delay. Vectors meeting in
30 minutes. We're still planning to have everything done prior to next
Saturday. See you all soon!

Ryan