Volunteers needed: 0.91 Release Marketing

Volunteers needed: 0.91 Release Marketing

Bryce Harrington-3
Hi all,

As the developers put the final touches on the 0.91 release, it's high
time to plan a media blitz to get this announced to all our users.

I'd like to recruit and organize a formal team to do marketing for
Inkscape.  This'll involve writing copy, planning announce strategies,
notifying news sites, coordinating with parallel fundraising efforts,
and more.  We'll be organizing an online IRC meeting soon to coordinate
these activities.  Sound like fun?

Ryan Lerch, Josh Andler, and myself are already signed on; we've been
through the release announcement process before so we're old hands.  But
we're looking for new ideas and fresh blood, so that we can go beyond
what we've achieved in the past.

Interested?  Reply to this email and introduce yourself!

Bryce

P.S. Inkscape's past marketing teams have left us a wealth of notes we
can use to build from.  Two items in particular:

  http://wiki.inkscape.org/wiki/index.php/Announcing_Releases
  http://wiki.inkscape.org/wiki/index.php/Inkscape_coverage

Re: Volunteers needed: 0.91 Release Marketing

Shlomi Fish
Hi all,

On Sun, 23 Nov 2014 00:15:07 -0800
Bryce Harrington <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> As the developers put the final touches on the 0.91 release, it's high
> time to plan a media blitz to get this announced to all our users.
>
> I'd like to recruit and organize a formal team to do marketing for
> Inkscape.  This'll involve writing copy, planning announce strategies,
> notifying news sites, coordinating with parallel fundraising efforts,
> and more.  We'll be organizing an online IRC meeting soon to coordinate
> these activities.  Sound like fun?
>
> Ryan Lerch, Josh Andler, and myself are already signed on; we've been
> through the release announcement process before so we're old hands.  But
> we're looking for new ideas and fresh blood, so that we can go beyond
> what we've achieved in the past.
>
> Interested?  Reply to this email and introduce yourself!

I am interested to help.

My name is Shlomi Fish, I'm an Israeli writer and software developer and have
been using Inkscape (and previously - Corel-Draw) for many years. You can learn
more about me from my home page:

* http://www.shlomifish.org/

* http://www.shlomifish.org/personal.html

* http://www.shlomifish.org/meta/FAQ/

Regards,

        Shlomi Fish

Re: Volunteers needed: 0.91 Release Marketing

Alexander Brock
On 23/11/14 09:15, Bryce Harrington wrote:
> Interested?  Reply to this email and introduce yourself!

I'm a native German speaker living in Germany, I could translate stuff
from English to German and / or gather a list of German computer-related
news-sites etc.

Alexander

Re: Volunteers needed: 0.91 Release Marketing

Josh Andler
On Thu, Nov 27, 2014 at 1:01 PM, Alexander Brock
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> I'm a native German speaker living in Germany, I could translate stuff
> from English to German and / or gather a list of German computer-related
> news-sites etc.

Hey Alexander,

It would be great if you could help with translating once we have
drafted the language for an announcement. Additionally, gathering a
list of German computer related news sites would be great too!

You message prompted me to create an announcement planning page for
0.91 [1] based on what we had done in the past. It is really bare and
I have not done much other than some updating it from the 0.47 page it
was based on. If you would be willing to list German sites there when
you have them it would be appreciated. If you do not have an account
for our wiki yet, just reply letting me know your desired username and
I will get you set up with one.

Additionally, if anyone would like to do a pass over the announement
planning page to update relevant areas it would be greatly
appreciated!

Cheers,
Josh

[1] http://wiki.inkscape.org/wiki/index.php/AnnouncePlanning091

Re: Volunteers needed: 0.91 Release Marketing

Elisa Godoy de Castro Guerra
hi all,

I'm Elisa. Initially part of doc writer. I'm still here. I can help in translating into french. Let's see how i could help.

Elisa

On Fri, Nov 28, 2014 at 11:27:37AM +0100, Elisa Godoy de Castro Guerra wrote:
> hi all,
>
> I'm Elisa. Initially part of doc writer. I'm still here. I can help in
> translating into french. Let's see how i could help.
>
> Elisa

Welcome Elisa!  Perhaps an initial task for you could be to list some
French news sites and add them to the end of the wiki page Josh set up
for us:

  http://wiki.inkscape.org/wiki/index.php/AnnouncePlanning091

> > Hi all,
> >
> > As the developers put the final touches on the 0.91 release, it's high
> > time to plan a media blitz to get this announced to all our users.
> >
> > I'd like to recruit and organize a formal team to do marketing for
> > Inkscape.  This'll involve writing copy, planning announce strategies,
> > notifying news sites, coordinating with parallel fundraising efforts,
> > and more.  We'll be organizing an online IRC meeting soon to coordinate
> > these activities.  Sound like fun?
> >
> > Ryan Lerch, Josh Andler, and myself are already signed on; we've been
> > through the release announcement process before so we're old hands.  But
> > we're looking for new ideas and fresh blood, so that we can go beyond
> > what we've achieved in the past.
> >
> > Interested?  Reply to this email and introduce yourself!
> >
> > Bryce
> >
> > P.S. Inkscape's past marketing teams have left us a wealth of notes we
> > can use to build from.  Two items in particular:
> >
> >   http://wiki.inkscape.org/wiki/index.php/Announcing_Releases
> >   http://wiki.inkscape.org/wiki/index.php/Inkscape_coverage

Re: Volunteers needed: 0.91 Release Marketing

Elisa Godoy de Castro Guerra

On Fri, Nov 28, 2014 at 11:27:37AM +0100, Elisa Godoy de Castro Guerra wrote:
> hi all,
>
> I'm Elisa. Initially part of doc writer. I'm still here. I can help in
> translating into french. Let's see how i could help.
>
> Elisa

Welcome Elisa!  Perhaps an initial task for you could be to list some
French news sites and add them to the end of the wiki page Josh set up
for us:

  http://wiki.inkscape.org/wiki/index.php/AnnouncePlanning091

Of course, i think that i have no account for this wiki.
Please creat one for me with yemanjalisa nickname.

Elisa

> > Hi all,
> >
> > As the developers put the final touches on the 0.91 release, it's high
> > time to plan a media blitz to get this announced to all our users.
> >
> > I'd like to recruit and organize a formal team to do marketing for
> > Inkscape.  This'll involve writing copy, planning announce strategies,
> > notifying news sites, coordinating with parallel fundraising efforts,
> > and more.  We'll be organizing an online IRC meeting soon to coordinate
> > these activities.  Sound like fun?
> >
> > Ryan Lerch, Josh Andler, and myself are already signed on; we've been
> > through the release announcement process before so we're old hands.  But
> > we're looking for new ideas and fresh blood, so that we can go beyond
> > what we've achieved in the past.
> >
> > Interested?  Reply to this email and introduce yourself!
> >
> > Bryce
> >
> > P.S. Inkscape's past marketing teams have left us a wealth of notes we
> > can use to build from.  Two items in particular:
> >
> >   http://wiki.inkscape.org/wiki/index.php/Announcing_Releases
> >   http://wiki.inkscape.org/wiki/index.php/Inkscape_coverage

Re: Volunteers needed: 0.91 Release Marketing

Elisa Godoy de Castro Guerra

On Fri, Nov 28, 2014 at 11:27:37AM +0100, Elisa Godoy de Castro Guerra wrote:
> hi all,
>
> I'm Elisa. Initially part of doc writer. I'm still here. I can help in
> translating into french. Let's see how i could help.
>
> Elisa

Welcome Elisa!  Perhaps an initial task for you could be to list some
French news sites and add them to the end of the wiki page Josh set up
for us:

  http://wiki.inkscape.org/wiki/index.php/AnnouncePlanning091

Of course, i think that i have no account for this wiki.
Please creat one for me with yemanjalisa nickname.

Sorry for the noise, it's ok i got it
Elisa

Elisa

> > Hi all,
> >
> > As the developers put the final touches on the 0.91 release, it's high
> > time to plan a media blitz to get this announced to all our users.
> >
> > I'd like to recruit and organize a formal team to do marketing for
> > Inkscape.  This'll involve writing copy, planning announce strategies,
> > notifying news sites, coordinating with parallel fundraising efforts,
> > and more.  We'll be organizing an online IRC meeting soon to coordinate
> > these activities.  Sound like fun?
> >
> > Ryan Lerch, Josh Andler, and myself are already signed on; we've been
> > through the release announcement process before so we're old hands.  But
> > we're looking for new ideas and fresh blood, so that we can go beyond
> > what we've achieved in the past.
> >
> > Interested?  Reply to this email and introduce yourself!
> >
> > Bryce
> >
> > P.S. Inkscape's past marketing teams have left us a wealth of notes we
> > can use to build from.  Two items in particular:
> >
> >   http://wiki.inkscape.org/wiki/index.php/Announcing_Releases
> >   http://wiki.inkscape.org/wiki/index.php/Inkscape_coverage

Re: Volunteers needed: 0.91 Release Marketing

Josh Andler
You should be receiving an email shortly with your account info.

Cheers,
Josh