Quantcast

Windows Console Options

Adin Ramirez Rivera
Hi all,

I've been using Inkscape for a while now, and most of the time I'm working from console.
So I decide to write as the FAQ say so. So please consider including a console executable (linux like options would be great!) in your official builds.

Thanks in advance, keep with the cool work!

adin

Re: Windows Console Options

su_v
On 5/11/10 11:05, Adin Ramirez Rivera wrote:
> I've been using Inkscape for a while now, and most of the time I'm
> working from console.
> So I decide to write as the FAQ say so. So please consider including a
> console executable (linux like options would be great!) in your official
> builds.

Inkscape 0.48 already includes an improved command line interface for
the Windows port [1].

The new command line wrapper 'inkscape.com' unfortunately was omitted
from the 0.48.0-1 installer package by mistake, but will be added in the
upcoming Inkscape 0.48.1 release [2].
OTOH 'inkscape.com' is contained in the zip- and 7z-packages of 0.48.0
on sf.net, as well as in the development builds (7z) from modevia [3].

Alternatively, or with older versions of Inkscape, you can use the
command line wrapper 'inkscapec.exe' from Jos Hirth [4].

hth, ~suv

[1]
<http://wiki.inkscape.org/wiki/index.php/Release_notes/0.48#Command_line_interface>
[2] <https://bugs.launchpad.net/inkscape/+bug/627943> comment #3, #4