YAML (libyaml-dev, libyaml-0-2) version >= 0.1.7-1 becomes hard dependency for inkscape

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
8 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

YAML (libyaml-dev, libyaml-0-2) version >= 0.1.7-1 becomes hard dependency for inkscape

Dmitry Zhulanov
I'm going to merge in my "xverbs" branch which requires YAML. 
So it's still possible to guard all code behind a WITH_XVERBS if we cannot add that lib as a hard dependency, but in the current state of things yaml would become a hard dependency of inkscape. If anyone has any problems with that (compatibility on some platforms maybe?), please tell before the merge

Best regards,
Dmitry Zhulanov

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

_______________________________________________
Inkscape-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/inkscape-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: YAML (libyaml-dev, libyaml-0-2) version >= 0.1.7-1 becomes hard dependency for inkscape

Krzysztof Kosiński
What is the advantage of this feature over the existing batch mode?

2016-09-27 0:07 GMT-07:00 Dmitry Zhulanov <[hidden email]>:

> I'm going to merge in my "xverbs" branch which requires YAML.
> So it's still possible to guard all code behind a WITH_XVERBS if we cannot
> add that lib as a hard dependency, but in the current state of things yaml
> would become a hard dependency of inkscape.
>
> If anyone has any problems with that (compatibility on some platforms
> maybe?), please tell before the merge
>
> Best regards,
>
> Dmitry Zhulanov
>
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> _______________________________________________
> Inkscape-devel mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/inkscape-devel
>

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
_______________________________________________
Inkscape-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/inkscape-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: YAML (libyaml-dev, libyaml-0-2) version >= 0.1.7-1 becomes hard dependency for inkscape

Krzysztof Kosiński
Oops nevermind, I did not notice the other thread. Looks like it
allows you to do several things that are not possible in batch mode.

Since this is practically a superset of batch mode, I think that can
be removed in favor of your feature. However, please remove the -B
short flag.

Would you be OK with deprecating this feature if/when we have
integrated Python or Lua scripting?

2016-09-28 1:20 GMT-07:00 Krzysztof Kosiński <[hidden email]>:

> What is the advantage of this feature over the existing batch mode?
>
> 2016-09-27 0:07 GMT-07:00 Dmitry Zhulanov <[hidden email]>:
>> I'm going to merge in my "xverbs" branch which requires YAML.
>> So it's still possible to guard all code behind a WITH_XVERBS if we cannot
>> add that lib as a hard dependency, but in the current state of things yaml
>> would become a hard dependency of inkscape.
>>
>> If anyone has any problems with that (compatibility on some platforms
>> maybe?), please tell before the merge
>>
>> Best regards,
>>
>> Dmitry Zhulanov
>>
>>
>> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> Inkscape-devel mailing list
>> [hidden email]
>> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/inkscape-devel
>>

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
_______________________________________________
Inkscape-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/inkscape-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: YAML (libyaml-dev, libyaml-0-2) version >= 0.1.7-1 becomes hard dependency for inkscape

Dmitry Zhulanov
Thank you for reply

On 28.09.2016 15:28, Krzysztof Kosiński wrote:
Oops nevermind, I did not notice the other thread. Looks like it allows you to do several things that are not possible in batch mode.
Yes, "verbs" does not have arguments and doesn't allow to process more than one svg file at once

Since this is practically a superset of batch mode, I think that can be removed in favor of your feature. However, please remove the -B short flag.
I'm not sure if it is good idea to remove "verbs" from command line. I think it can be useful in some cases.

Can you propose the better way to run inkscape with "xverbs"

Would you be OK with deprecating this feature if/when we have integrated Python or Lua scripting?
No problem here. However, python is better

Best regards,
Dmitry Zhulanov

2016-09-28 1:20 GMT-07:00 Krzysztof Kosiński [hidden email]:
What is the advantage of this feature over the existing batch mode? 2016-09-27 0:07 GMT-07:00 Dmitry Zhulanov [hidden email]:
I'm going to merge in my "xverbs" branch which requires YAML. So it's still possible to guard all code behind a WITH_XVERBS if we cannot add that lib as a hard dependency, but in the current state of things yaml would become a hard dependency of inkscape. If anyone has any problems with that (compatibility on some platforms maybe?), please tell before the merge Best regards, Dmitry Zhulanov ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ _______________________________________________ Inkscape-devel mailing list [hidden email] https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/inkscape-devel


------------------------------------------------------------------------------

_______________________________________________
Inkscape-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/inkscape-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: YAML (libyaml-dev, libyaml-0-2) version >= 0.1.7-1 becomes hard dependency for inkscape

Krzysztof Kosiński

On Sep 28, 2016 08:29, "Dmitry Zhulanov" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Since this is practically a superset of batch mode, I think that can be removed in favor of your feature. However, please remove the -B short flag.
>
> I'm not sure if it is good idea to remove "verbs" from command line. I think it can be useful in some cases.
>
> Can you propose the better way to run inkscape with "xverbs"

The --xverbs option is OK. Only the -B flag is bad. I think it is better to only have the long option.

I am okay with the new YAML dependency, but it would be best if it was optional (if there is no YAML on the system when compiling Inkscape, the xverbs feature is disabled).


------------------------------------------------------------------------------

_______________________________________________
Inkscape-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/inkscape-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: YAML (libyaml-dev, libyaml-0-2) version >= 0.1.7-1 becomes hard dependency for inkscape

Mark Schafer
In reply to this post by Dmitry Zhulanov
This looks very interesting but I can't work out how to get started.
Perusing the source didn't help[ me.
Are there any examples, or a workflow of how to find the verbs, then use
them ?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
_______________________________________________
Inkscape-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/inkscape-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: YAML (libyaml-dev, libyaml-0-2) version >= 0.1.7-1 becomes hard dependency for inkscape

Dmitry Zhulanov
They can be listed from source tree

cat src/verbs.cpp |grep new|grep SP_VERB|awk '{print $3}'


Best regards,

Dmitry Zhulanov


On 29.09.2016 04:30, Mark Schafer wrote:

> This looks very interesting but I can't work out how to get started.
> Perusing the source didn't help[ me.
> Are there any examples, or a workflow of how to find the verbs, then use
> them ?
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> _______________________________________________
> Inkscape-devel mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/inkscape-devel


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
_______________________________________________
Inkscape-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/inkscape-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: YAML (libyaml-dev, libyaml-0-2) version >= 0.1.7-1 becomes hard dependency for inkscape

Dmitry Zhulanov
In reply to this post by Krzysztof Kosiński

Thank you for advice, I will do it optional


Best regards,

Dmitry Zhulanov


On 29.09.2016 04:06, Krzysztof Kosiński wrote:

On Sep 28, 2016 08:29, "Dmitry Zhulanov" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Since this is practically a superset of batch mode, I think that can be removed in favor of your feature. However, please remove the -B short flag.
>
> I'm not sure if it is good idea to remove "verbs" from command line. I think it can be useful in some cases.
>
> Can you propose the better way to run inkscape with "xverbs"

The --xverbs option is OK. Only the -B flag is bad. I think it is better to only have the long option.

I am okay with the new YAML dependency, but it would be best if it was optional (if there is no YAML on the system when compiling Inkscape, the xverbs feature is disabled).



------------------------------------------------------------------------------

_______________________________________________
Inkscape-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/inkscape-devel