background on png

ToddAndMargo
Hi All,

How do I change the background.  I went into
properties and changed it to light blue,
but when I exported as png, I got a checker
board background.

What did I do wrong?

Many thanks,
-T

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Computers are like air conditioners.

Re: background on png

ToddAndMargo
On 06/06/2017 04:12 PM, ToddAndMargo wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> How do I change the background.  I went into
> properties and changed it to light blue,
> but when I exported as png, I got a checker
> board background.
>
> What did I do wrong?
>

> Many thanks,
> -T

Figured it out.  Create a zero width rectangle with
a low opacity, then fill it with color

Re: background on png

Maren Hachmann
I only have one field for background color in 0.92.1 (and no field at
all in trunk...), but it's a field that is broken in two - left half
shows transparancy, right half base color, just like the color indicator
at the bottom left of the Inkscape window.

The most reliable method, which will also be exported into all export
formats, is to add a colored rectangle to the background of the drawing.

Maren

Am 07.06.2017 um 22:23 schrieb Paul:

> There are two colors in the document properties. The one you changed to
> blue is for previewing in inkscape, the other one which is right next to
> it is the background color for export, which is set to 0 alpha by default.
>
> On June 6, 2017 4:12:07 PM PDT, ToddAndMargo <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>     Hi All,
>
>     How do I change the background.  I went into
>     properties and changed it to light blue,
>     but when I exported as png, I got a checker
>     board background.
>
>     What did I do wrong?
>

>     Many thanks,
>     -T

Re: background on png

ToddAndMargo

On 06/07/2017 03:16 PM, Maren Hachmann wrote:

> I only have one field for background color in 0.92.1 (and no field at
> all in trunk...), but it's a field that is broken in two - left half
> shows transparancy, right half base color, just like the color indicator
> at the bottom left of the Inkscape window.
>
> The most reliable method, which will also be exported into all export
> formats, is to add a colored rectangle to the background of the drawing.
>
> Maren

That is what I did.