inkscape-docs has a new home

Patrick Storz
Hi all,

I'm happy to announce that the former "inkscape-docs" (i.e. manpages,
keys and mouse reference and tutorials) has a new home!

You can now find the "Inkscape Documentation" at
https://gitlab.com/inkscape/inkscape-docs/documentation

After migrating the repo to GitLab some time ago I finally got around
and tweaked some last bits, so it's now in a production-ready state
again. Obviously there's still a lot to do (on my short list: getting
updated docs onto the website and make translation statistics work
again, preferably using some CI automation) but I think the repo is at a
point were contributions should be possible without too much effort
again and I'd appreciate any help in getting it updated in time for the
0.92.3 release!

If you have any questions let me know!

Happy documenting,
Eduard

Re: inkscape-docs has a new home

Mattia Rizzolo
[ dropping inkscape-docs@ ]

On Tue, Feb 06, 2018 at 09:37:50PM +0100, Eduard Braun wrote:
> I'm happy to announce that the former "inkscape-docs" (i.e. manpages, keys
> and mouse reference and tutorials) has a new home!
>
> You can now find the "Inkscape Documentation" at
> https://gitlab.com/inkscape/inkscape-docs/documentation

Question (related to packagers): after this split, is there going to be
a new tarball with only the tutorials/etc, separated from the main one
with the sources?

--
regards,
                        Mattia Rizzolo

GPG Key: 66AE 2B4A FCCF 3F52 DA18  4D18 4B04 3FCD B944 4540      .''`.
more about me:  https://mapreri.org                             : :'  :
Launchpad user: https://launchpad.net/~mapreri                  `. `'`
Debian QA page: https://qa.debian.org/developer.php?login=mattia  `-

Am 06.02.2018 um 21:46 schrieb Mattia Rizzolo:

> [ dropping inkscape-docs@ ]
>
> On Tue, Feb 06, 2018 at 09:37:50PM +0100, Eduard Braun wrote:
>> I'm happy to announce that the former "inkscape-docs" (i.e. manpages, keys
>> and mouse reference and tutorials) has a new home!
>>
>> You can now find the "Inkscape Documentation" at
>> https://gitlab.com/inkscape/inkscape-docs/documentation
> Question (related to packagers): after this split, is there going to be
> a new tarball with only the tutorials/etc, separated from the main one
> with the sources?

No, inkscape-docs was always a separate repository which has some
automated ways to handle easy translation and creation of the content
(man/keys/tutorials all have one template that is used to create the
localized versions from). The "new home" refers to the move from
Launchpad to GitLab - nothing more, nothing less. ;-)

The produced files are then used to update the inkscape repository
itself, so for packagers nothing should change (unless there's an error
in the .pod files and the manpages fail to be created during build).

Regards,
Eduard