irc

NASA Jeff
Hi,
i've been hanging out on irc today hoping to discuss various ideas in relation to implementing animated svg files in Inkscape. unfortunately no one seems to have turned up.

there have also been some questions from users on the dev email list regarding this.

the other day i also set out four phases of development that the project could easily be broken down into and possibly some features available at each stage as the development progresses

I can't really make a move on kicking the project off without some further input from the dev team and the various ideas they've had about an implementation. it would there be nice to be able to set out a development roadmap for the project and raise some bugs relating to the development at each phase. the bugs can be fleshed out more in the future as implementation specifics become available and additional bugs raised for the features etc... that are needed.

I'm going to take a break for the rest of the day and until someone tells me to stop I'm going to be looking at the various javascript engines that are available and could potentially be used for animation.

Re: irc

doctormo
Hi Jeff,

I've held off on commenting because I'm a supporter of SMIL animation
and not a supporter for Javascript. So I have no real input (and don't
want to stand in your way, it would be interesting to see what you do)

Martin,

On Sat, 2020-05-16 at 20:55 +0100, NASA Jeff wrote:

> Hi,
> i've been hanging out on irc today hoping to discuss various ideas in
> relation to implementing animated svg files in Inkscape.
> unfortunately no one seems to have turned up.
>
> there have also been some questions from users on the dev email list
> regarding this.
>
> the other day i also set out four phases of development that the
> project could easily be broken down into and possibly some
> features available at each stage as the development progresses
>
> I can't really make a move on kicking the project off without some
> further input from the dev team and the various ideas they've had
> about an implementation. it would there be nice to be able to set out
> a development roadmap for the project and raise some bugs relating to
> the development at each phase. the bugs can be fleshed out more in
> the future as implementation specifics become available
> and additional bugs raised for the features etc... that are needed.
>
> I'm going to take a break for the rest of the day and until someone
> tells me to stop I'm going to be looking at the various javascript
> engines that are available and could potentially be used for
> animation.

Re: irc

Inkscape - Dev mailing list

Hi Jeff!
I'm not a developer and I'm not sure why you haven't heard back from anyone, but it could just be that people are busy right now. In the mean time it may be worth acquainting yourself with our GitLab repo at https://gitlab.com/inkscape.

We also have a Rocket.Chat instance at https://chat.inkscape.org where you may find some people who can provide the feedback you're looking for.

I'm excited to see what you come up with. Welcome to the community!

Ryan