new moderation procedure?

Brynn
Hi Friends,
        This is something which has never been discussed.  But recently we've
had some images being reported by a regular member, which moderators have
approved, and they remain in the gallery.  In one case they reported a member.

        Should we contact a member who reports an image, thank them for helping,
and explain our decision, why we decided not to delete the image?

        In this particular case, I'm thinking we may need to contact him or her,
just to try and prevent more unnecessary reports.  But in general, I wonder if
we should take the time to explain our motivation, since the member is taking
the time to help us.

        (Hah, for these recent reports, maybe I should try to recruit him or her
as a moderator....?)

Thanks for any comments  :-)

Re: new moderation procedure?

Martin Owens-2
Hi Brynn,

It's worth contacting and inviting them in, yes. If you see a pattern
of flagigng that indicates a misunderstanding, especially if they're
leaving notes.

Best Regards, Martin Owens