proper SVG animation in inkscape

NASA Jeff
Hi,
I'm currently working on a couple of opensource projects.. implementing SVG import and export in the wick-editor, which I've finished and is currently being merged and porting the PDF import functionality from Inkscape to Scribus so that Scribus imports PDF files properly instead of just as images.

After I've done that I would like to look at some other opensource projects and what I can do.

I think I'll be able to iterate a javascript engine with Inkscape and this could be the foundation for adding animation features to Inkscape so that Inkscape can support animated svg files.

Adding javascript should initially enable animation edited through an 'IDE SVG source editing' method, without GUI/WYSIWIG capabilities, but these could be added in the future once javascript support has been added.

I have plenty of spare time on my hands to do this as I'm out of work due to poor health.

Re: proper SVG animation in inkscape

Philip Rhoades
NASA Jeff,

Wow! - I have been hanging out for this development for years!  There
have been odd discussions every now and then but if you are prepared to
take the lead on this project I would be happy to finally make the
effort to learn javascript and do whatever else I could to help the
project along!

Great news! - I hope we can move this project along . .

Phil.

On 2020-05-09 10:30, NASA Jeff wrote:

> Hi,
> I'm currently working on a couple of opensource projects..
> implementing SVG import and export in the wick-editor, which I've
> finished and is currently being merged and porting the PDF import
> functionality from Inkscape to Scribus so that Scribus imports PDF
> files properly instead of just as images.
>
> After I've done that I would like to look at some other opensource
> projects and what I can do.
>
> I think I'll be able to iterate a javascript engine with Inkscape and
> this could be the foundation for adding animation features to Inkscape
> so that Inkscape can support animated svg files.
>
> Adding javascript should initially enable animation edited through an
> 'IDE SVG source editing' method, without GUI/WYSIWIG capabilities, but
> these could be added in the future once javascript support has been
> added.
>
> I have plenty of spare time on my hands to do this as I'm out of work
> due to poor health.
>
>   [1]
>   Virus-free. www.avg.com [1]
>

> Links: