stitch photos?

ToddAndMargo
Hi All,

Is there a way to stitch four photos together with
Inkscape?  Well, other than just eyeballing them.

Many thanks,
-T

Re: stitch photos?

Robert Funnell
On Sun, 5 Aug 2018, ToddAndMargo wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Is there a way to stitch four photos together with
> Inkscape?  Well, other than just eyeballing them.

A vector-oriented programme like Inkscape doesn't seem to be the best
approach. Maybe try http://stitchpanorama.sourceforge.net or one of
the other tools mentioned there?

- Robert

Re: stitch photos?

ToddAndMargo
On 08/04/2018 09:35 PM, Robert Funnell wrote:

> On Sun, 5 Aug 2018, ToddAndMargo wrote:
>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> Is there a way to stitch four photos together with
>> Inkscape?  Well, other than just eyeballing them.
>
> A vector-oriented programme like Inkscape doesn't seem to be the best
> approach. Maybe try http://stitchpanorama.sourceforge.net or one of the
> other tools mentioned there?
>
> - Robert

Thank you!

Re: stitch photos?

Steve Litt
On Sat, 4 Aug 2018 21:17:39 -0700
ToddAndMargo <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Is there a way to stitch four photos together with
> Inkscape?  Well, other than just eyeballing them.

Stitch them together in Inkscape by eyeballing them. Get out of
inkscape. Open the SVG in an editor, and try to discern the tags of the
four pictures. Deduce how various coordinates are related, try to
simplify the concept, and write a little Python program to do it
automatically.

By the way, the convert program from Imagemagik can join images, so I'd
imagine you could join it to itself horizontally, and then take 2
copies of the result and join them vertically. The convert command line
argument appears to be -ajoin.

HTH,

SteveT

Steve Litt
Author: The Key to Everyday Excellence
http://www.troubleshooters.com/key

Re: stitch photos?

Terry Brown
On Sun, 5 Aug 2018 00:35:37 -0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)
Robert Funnell <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Sun, 5 Aug 2018, ToddAndMargo wrote:
>
> > Hi All,
> >
> > Is there a way to stitch four photos together with
> > Inkscape?  Well, other than just eyeballing them.
>
> A vector-oriented programme like Inkscape doesn't seem to be the best
> approach. Maybe try http://stitchpanorama.sourceforge.net or one of
> the other tools mentioned there?
>
> - Robert

This looks good, there's also http://hugin.sourceforge.net/, which is
fairly sophisticated but has a bit of a learning curve to go with it.

Cheers -Terry

Re: stitch photos?

Stuart Edwards
Hugin was designed specifically to stitch pictures..... and does a great job

http://hugin.sourceforge.net

Stu