svg-2 text gsoc project?

Boudewijn Rempt
Hi,

We're currently working really hard to improve interoperability
between inkscape and Krita by rewriting all our vector support
to svg. We're also doing a new text object, based on svg instead
of odg.

So we're really interested in following along the 2017 svg-2 text
gsoc project to see what we can learn.

Is there already a branch and a wiki page for this project we can
follow?

--
Boudewijn Rempt | http://www.krita.org, http://www.valdyas.org

Re: svg-2 text gsoc project?

Alexandre Prokoudine
On Tue, Jun 13, 2017 at 9:43 AM, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We're currently working really hard to improve interoperability
> between inkscape and Krita by rewriting all our vector support
> to svg. We're also doing a new text object, based on svg instead
> of odg.
>
> So we're really interested in following along the 2017 svg-2 text
> gsoc project to see what we can learn.
>
> Is there already a branch and a wiki page for this project we can
> follow?

I could be wrong, but https://gitlab.com/AlexRoman/inkscape looks like
what you are looking for.

Alex

Re: svg-2 text gsoc project?

Boudewijn Rempt
On Thu, 15 Jun 2017, Alexandre Prokoudine wrote:

> > Is there already a branch and a wiki page for this project we can
> > follow?
>
> I could be wrong, but https://gitlab.com/AlexRoman/inkscape looks like
> what you are looking for.

Yes -- Alex mailed me privately with the info :-)

--
Boudewijn Rempt | http://www.krita.org, http://www.valdyas.org