wiki page about coordinate frames

Thomas Holder
Hi,

I'd like to add this scheme to the wiki:

http://www.thomas-holder.de/tmp/inkscape-frames-of-reference.svg

However, uploading SVG is not permitted, I'm getting this error:
"Upload warning: .svg is not a permitted file type. Permitted file types
are png, gif, jpg, jpeg."

I've found two wiki pages which address coordinate systems:

- http://wiki.inkscape.org/wiki/index.php/CoordinateSystems
   Old (2005), but mostly correct
- http://wiki.inkscape.org/wiki/index.php/UI_and_Document_coordinates
   This one is linked from the Main page but was deleted!?

My questions:
1) can SVG upload be enabled?
2) do you know other relevant wiki pages about the topic?

Thanks,
   Thomas

Re: wiki page about coordinate frames

doctormo
You could upload the svg to the website and link to it?

Best Regards, Martin Owens

On Sun, 2018-09-30 at 17:45 +0200, Thomas Holder wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'd like to add this scheme to the wiki:
>
> http://www.thomas-holder.de/tmp/inkscape-frames-of-reference.svg
>
> However, uploading SVG is not permitted, I'm getting this error:
> "Upload warning: .svg is not a permitted file type. Permitted file
> types
> are png, gif, jpg, jpeg."
>
> I've found two wiki pages which address coordinate systems:
>
> - http://wiki.inkscape.org/wiki/index.php/CoordinateSystems
>    Old (2005), but mostly correct
> - http://wiki.inkscape.org/wiki/index.php/UI_and_Document_coordinates
>    This one is linked from the Main page but was deleted!?
>
> My questions:
> 1) can SVG upload be enabled?
> 2) do you know other relevant wiki pages about the topic?
>
> Thanks,
>    Thomas

Re: wiki page about coordinate frames

Thomas Holder
Upload to the website worked:
https://inkscape.org/~speleo3/%E2%98%85inkscape-frames-of-reference

I still won't be able to display that image on the wiki, that would
require $wgAllowExternalImages, according to
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Linked_images#External_image_syntax

Thomas